- Deadline: Not set
- Country: United States of America
- Location: Juneau, Alaska
- Job-ID: R0027533
- Job category: Supply Chain & Logistics
Sandvik Mining & Rock Solutions in Juneau, AK looking for a
Sandvik Mining & Rock Solutions, the leading global supplier of equipment and tools, service and technical solutions for the mining industry, currently has an opening for a Warehouse Technician at the Juneau, AK location.
Key performance areas
As the Warehouse Technician, you will be responsible for the shipment, receipt, and distribution of materials in a timely and accurate manner. Additionally, the
Warehouse Technician will:
- Assists with shipping and receiving, unloads trucks, checks in materials and stores in appropriate location.
- Files appropriate documentation
- Processes sales orders and invoices in accordance with company process.
- Updates and maintains warehouse location system.
- Assists in cycle counting and physical inventory.
- Prepares export documentation as required.
- Maintains shipping supplies inventory.
- Arranges shipping/transport.
- Accepts/rejects vendor inventory transactions
- Builds sound relationships with the workshop team and internal and external customers to ensure smooth operations.
- Participates in customer on-call service as requires.
- Expedites urgent orders to ensure customer receives when needed.
Safety and Environment
- Complies with SMC safety policies and applicable government, customer or industry regulations or requirements.
- Identifies and reports any unsafe work habits, workplace incidents and / or near misses.
- Maintains orderly warehouse and ensures housekeeping requirements are met.
- Ensures that all activities are carried out in accordance with Company Values and current Company Policies and Procedures.
- Completes trade school coursework in order to gain relevant certification.
- Performs other relevant duties as assigned by Warehouse Supervisor.
Applicant will possess a high school diploma or equivalent, six months of related work experience in a warehouse setting, and must have an aptitude for learning new data input systems, and ability and understanding of Microsoft Office would be required.
Other requirements include:
- Ability to operate a forklift.
- Ability to work as part of an integrated, broad team
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong active listening skills
- Flexible, self-motivated with demonstrated initiative
- Ability to develop knowledge of customer business processes in relation to product rebuild
- Developed time management and organizational skills
Sandvik offers a comprehensive total compensation package including a competitive benefits package of health, dental and disability insurance, and a 401(k) retirement savings plan. In addition, we provide opportunities for professional competence development and training, as well as opportunities for career advancement
How to Apply
For immediate consideration, please apply online at http://www.sandvik.com/careers for the Warehouse Technician position, Job Req. ID# R0027533.
Sandvik is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Any applicant who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing an application or at any time during the application process should contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. Sandvik also provides reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities consistent with its obligations under the law.
Deadline: Not set