Shipping Professional - Second Shift
Sandvik Mining & Rock Technology in Alachua, FL is looking for
Shipping Professional – 2nd Shift
Are you a Shipping Professional who wants to develop your career in the field of mining? If you have Shipping experience in the mining industry and a background in heavy equipment, drilling and blasting, Sandvik Mining & Rock Technology wants to speak with you!
Sandvik Mining and Rock Technology is a business area within the Sandvik Group and a leading global supplier of equipment, tools, service, and technical solutions for the mining industry. The product offering covers rock drilling, rock cutting, rock crushing, loading and hauling and materials handling.
Key performance areas
Performs duties associated with picking, packing and shipment of parts. You will assist with the disassemble & packaging of large and heavy parts to fulfill our customer orders as well as support our site with the shipment of aftermarket product. During these activities you will be using computer, hand tools, power tools and other specialized equipment.
Additionally, the Shipping Professional – 2nd Shift will be responsible for:
- Sorts, records, labels, stores and distributes parts according to system and written documents.
- Understands shipping notice (shipper) or production request. Retrieves and distributes needed parts in-house or to shipping area for customers.
- Conveys parts to desired location/positions by lifting, climbing, walking and operating equipment such as forklifts and cranes.
- Records part-related and shipment-related information on computer and on forms.
- Collect and pack orders per packing list and check for accuracy.
- Prepares parts, packages or completed rigs for shipment in accordance with instructions. Including making crates and weighing parts.
- Resolves shipping problems and/or reports to Supervisor for assistance.
- Maintains clean and safe working environment in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Ensure all hazardous materials are handled properly and in accordance with required regulations.
- Other tasks as assigned by Manager or Supervisor.
- Comply with policies, guidelines, regulatory requirements and meet objectives per Sandvik Alachua Integrated Management System (IMS).
- Demonstrate respect and commitment to the IMS System (ISO 9001:2015, ISO 14001:2015 and ISO 45001:2018.) taking accountability for its effectiveness and continual improvement.
Previous Shipping or warehouse experience a plus. Minimum High School Diploma or GED. Technical education preferred.
Sandvik offers a comprehensive total compensation package including a competitive benefits package of health, dental and disability insurance, paid time off, tuition reimbursement and a 401(k) retirement savings plan. In addition, we provide opportunities for professional competence development and training, as well as opportunities for career advancement.
How to apply
For immediate consideration, please apply online at www.sandvik.com/careers to the Shipping Professional – 2nd Shift position, Job Req. ID # R0027351.
Sandvik is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Any applicant who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing an application or at any time during the application process should contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. Sandvik also provides reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities consistent with its obligations under the law.
Deadline: Not set