Inbound Specialist – Aftermarket / Spare Parts (P2)
- Deadline: 12 May
- Country: Ireland
- Location: Dublin
- Job-ID: R0026808
- Job category: Supply Chain & Logistics
DON’T BE IN THE DARK ABOUT YOUR CAREER…….
‘ARE YOU 'CUSTOMER FOCUSED & TEAM PLAYER'
WE LIKE THAT ABOUT YOU
Sandvik is a global, high-tech engineering group, providing front-line products and services for the mining and construction industries. The Sandvik Group has been in operation since 1862 and today employs some 40,000 people, working in approximately 160 countries. Our diverse solutions delivered by our highly qualified and proficient employees enhance our customers’ productivity, safety and their profitability.
We are now recruiting for an Inbound Specialist – Aftermarket / Spare Parts (P2) permanent role in our Dublin Office.
Manage and improve relationships with the suppliers in your portfolio and ensure agreed performance targets are met, including on-time delivery and lead-time accuracy. Proactively engage with suppliers to deliver improvement initiatives focused on availability and inventory reductions. Conduct regular business review meetings and agree corrective actions if required. Ennsure that the operational buying tasks are performed in a timely manner. End to end responsibility including PO placement, PO tracking from order to receipt, expediting urgent orders, resolving invoice discrepancies, data integrity maintenance and responding to sales region queries. Responsible for system parameter maintenance including lead-time, safety stock levels and classification. Improve availability and reduce lead-time through accurate and timely forecasting.
Key performance areas
- Day to day management of operational buying activities and driving supplier performance for the respective supplier base with focus on parts availability and working capital.
- Expectations focus on making and implementing sound business decisions based on available data.
- High level of collaboration with internal stakeholders including: Sourcing, Engineering and Customer Service.
- Manage and improve relationships with the suppliers in your portfolio
- Ensure agreed performance targets are met including on-time delivery and lead-time accuracy
- Proactively engage with suppliers to deliver improvement initiatives focused on availability and inventory reductions
- Conduct regular business review meetings and agree corrective actions if required
- Ensure that the operational buying tasks are performed in a timely manner. End to end responsibility including PO placement, PO tracking from order to receipt, expediting urgent orders, resolving invoice discrepancies, data integrity maintenance and responding to sales region queries.
- Responsible for system parameter maintenance including lead-time, safety stock levels and classification. Improve availability and reduce lead-time through accurate and timely forecasting.
- Design and implement inventory reduction initiatives such as Vendor Managed Inventory
- Support supply chain improvement projects and work closely with other departments as needed.
- Understand and improve customer experience by driving improvements in the order fulfilment rate.
- Ensure that the supplier portfolio is optimized: eliminate dormant suppliers, rationalize the active supply base
- Other tasks as required.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent, ideally in a business or supply chain discipline.
- Extensive experience in a related supply chain role and have strong knowledge of Logistics Systems and Supply Chain Management
- In-depth understanding of purchasing, planning and inventory control
- General knowledge of Aftermarket business is an advantage.
- Strong experience of supplier management and/or inventory planning is a must, as is strong knowledge of ERP systems and business management tools
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Fluent English (another European language would be of benefit)
- Ability to travel within the region.
What we offer:
- 22 days annual leave
- 4 Company Days
- Defined Contribution Pension
- VHI Health Insurance
- Life & Disability Insurance
- Health & Wellbeing Initiatives – gym membership, wellbeing seminars, bike to work scheme
- Flexible start & Finish times
- Initially this will be remote working due to Covid-19 restrictions
Sandvik Mining & Rock Solutions
Sandvik Mining & Rock Solutions is a business area within the Sandvik Group and a global leading supplier of equipment and tools, service and technical solutions for the mining and construction industries. Application areas include rock drilling, rock cutting, loading and hauling, tunneling and quarrying . In 2019, sales were approximately 45 billion SEK with about 14,000 employees within continuing operations.
Parts & Services Logistics – Our Function and Culture
Logistics is an essential support arm for multiple divisions within Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions and manages 30 Warehouses (6 Hubs + 24 Satellites) in 17 distinct countries and 5 continents. Key to our central activity and role is providing proactive, worldwide, logistical expertise and timely delivery of essential after sales parts to our customers across the globe.
Based on the variety of functions performed in Parts & Services Logistics, there are numerous opportunities for career advancement in areas including; Warehousing, Order Management, Inventory Management, Freight, Supplier Management, Logistics Transformation and Supply Chain Information Systems. These key functions support the activities which collectively are providing and delivering the right product to the right customer at the right time.
Diversity, Inclusion & Sustainability
Sandvik has a developed belief in conducting our business in a sustainable and responsible manner, both for our employees and the environment; wherever in the world we operate.
Our high ethical standards determine our policy of putting Safety at a premium, acknowledging and respecting the communities and giving due consideration to the environment in the areas we operate.
These core values, to prioritise the safety and well-being of our employees, are the foundation of how we work today. We also recognise the importance on inter-personal relationships and how those based on honesty, respect and trust, enhance our working lives and help each other’s growth and career development.
Equality of opportunity is fully supported and endorsed as an employer by Sandvik, while also welcoming the additional strength that diversity brings, by providing a work environment where everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect.
Reporting to: Inbound Team Lead
How to apply? Interested in the challenge? Please apply directly via the Workday Employee Self Service with the reference [O/S]. For further information regarding the recruitment process contact HR.ServicesUK@sandvik.com.
The closing date for applications is 12th May 2021
Deadline: 12 May