- Deadline: Not set
- Country: United States of America
- Location: Romeoville, Illinois
- Job-ID: R0025837
- Job category: Supply Chain & Logistics
Sandvik Mining & Rock Technology is looking for Forklift Operators for our Chicago Warehouse operations.
Sandvik Mining & Rock Technology, the leading global supplier of equipment and tools, service and technical solutions for the mining industry, currently has 5 openings for Forklift Operators.
As the Forklift Operator you will execute the operations functions at a transactional level and to lead small task teams within the relevant warehouse section to ultimately meet key performance indicators.
Main responsibilities Include:
- Adhering to safety and environment policies and procedures
- Executing warehouse operations (inbound or outbound)
- Following correct process in work area at all times to achieve set daily operational KPI’s and to mitigate operational risks:
- Uses correct tools and materials safely in executing operational processes e.g. Forklift
- Completes daily inspections on equipment to ensure that equipment is safe to operate
- Participates in continuous improvement projects
- Completes detailed administrative data entry in Sandvik IT systems
- Assist in accurately and methodically preparing shipping/export documentation for relevant orders
- Reports any discrepancies with regard to inventory, safety and other anomalies
- Handles customer queries when requested to sort out relevant issues
Leads task teams
Leads small task teams in the warehouse to achieve the daily outcomes required. This includes:
- Allocation of responsibilities to individual team members
- Provision of backup support to all team members as required
- Provision of on the job coaching and guidance as and when necessary
- Answering technical queries of team members as required
Experience and Required Competencies
- 2-3 years’ experience in Warehousing/ Distribution/ Supply Chain environment
- High School or equivalent experience. Post-secondary education/training in business or supply chain discipline would be of advantage.
- Desirable English Proficiency: Intermediate (CEFR B1/ Completed EF level 6)
- Organization Contribution: Operational controls, Warehouse efficiency, Warehouse improvement, Performance management
- KPIS: Inbound & outbound on time, Returns compliance, LPS close-out time, Goods in transit aging
Experience in Warehouse Distribution and or Supply Chain environment. A valid Forklift Operator License, good administrative and computer skills.
How to Apply
For immediate consideration, please apply online at http://www.sandvik.com/careers/ for the Forklift Operator position, Job Req. ID# R0025837
Sandvik is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Any applicant who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing an application or at any time during the application process should contact Human Resources at email@example.com. Sandvik also provides reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities consistent with its obligations under the law.
Deadline: Not set