Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions
Demand Planner – Holt Street, Pinkenba.
Our Company and Culture
Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions is a business area within the Sandvik Group and a global leading supplier of equipment and tools, parts, service and technical solutions for the mining and construction industries. In 2020, the Sandvik Group had approximately 37,000 employees in more than 160 countries.
We conduct business in a sustainable and responsible manner. To achieve this, we always act in line with our high ethical standards, putting safety first and always showing consideration for the environment and the communities in which we operate. The safety and well-being of our employees and the environment are our core values. Finally, we care about others and build relationships based on honesty, respect and trust.
At Sandvik, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
Currently we have a vacancy for a Demand Planner to join the team at Holt Street, Pinkenba site. This role is responsible for operational supply chain which includes forecast accuracy and maintaining relationships with internal and external supplier for a range of our product lines.
This role is a full-time requirement, however Sandvik recognises the desire for flexible working options. Flexible employment arrangements include condensed working weeks, working from home, flexible start/finish times, etc.
Areas of responsibility
- Adhere to all policies & procedures especially the EHS policies
- Improve customer experience and availability (fill rate) of Parts standard assortment in the stockrooms of responsibility.
- Responsible for sales stock, goods in transit, production stock and obsolescence reserve in the stockrooms of responsibility.
- Responsible to analyze and maintain inventory parameters setting for standard assortment in the stockrooms of responsibility.
- Responsible to coordinate with warehouse manager any improvement activities related with inventory control.
- Responsible for analysis and to drive stock optimization initiatives (i.e.: returns process) on regular bases.
- Participate and support regional/global initiatives or projects as needed
You will have over 3 years of experience in Inventory Planning and Management, with people management
responsibilities. Tertiary qualifications in Inventory management/planning would be highly regarded.
Exposure to the supply of spare parts to the mining or automotive industry would be an advantage.
You must be computer literate, able to plan, develop & implement effectively, with the ability to read & interpret management reports. Strong knowledge of ERP systems and business management tools (Voyager, Systems 21) and Microsoft Office are a must.
Agencies need not apply.
You must have the right to live and work in Australia to apply for this job.
What we offer
- A rewarding career with diverse opportunities
- Flexibility to work from home
- An Employee Benefits Program including salary sacrifice options
- 12% Superannuation on top of all earnings
- Company Performance Bonus scheme
- Length of Service Recognition program
- Company funded paid parental leave
- Training and development opportunities
Sandvik is proud to be a Work180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and benefits on the Work180 website.
0448 044 698
Applications close: 20-06-2021 or sooner if the right applicant is found
Deadline: Not set