- Deadline: 12 Mar
- Country: Australia
- Location: Heatherbrae NSW, New South Wales
- Job-ID: R0024394
- Job category: Supply Chain & Logistics
Sandvik Mining and Rock Technology is a leading supplier of equipment, tools, services, support and technical solutions for the mining and construction industry, and our operations and organizations are spread around the globe. We offer you a world of opportunities and our diverse businesses and cross-border networks enable you to explore your potential and thrive.
The Warehouse Supervisor will supervise the day-to-day activities involved with the supply of spare parts and materials from the warehouse to the customer. This role provides support in the day to day operations and activities involved with the supply of Spare Parts and Materials from the Warehouse to the end user in compliance with Sandvik Warehousing and Logistic procedures and processes.
Areas of responsibility
The Heatherbrae Warehouse is an operation providing a high volume of warehouse and distribution service to both internal and external customers. Operational delivery service levels to customers are mandated to achieve prescribed Key Performance Targets.
- Comply with all aspects of the Sandvik EHS policy and any reasonable instruction, procedures or systems of work which are given in the interest of providing safe work places and eliminating environmental harm
- General warehouse maintenance and housekeeping
- People management of a medium sized team
- Co-ordinate stock movements and liaise between all Sandvik supplier warehouses.
- Issuing stock to work orders and maintaining stock to the optimum level.
- Carry out regular audits to ascertain stock levels.
- Assist in producing monthly data as requested.
- Assist in ongoing in-house training for team members.
- Purchasing, receiving and dispatching parts, orders and enquiries.
- Preparation of shipping documentation
- Conduct stock cycle counting and full stock takes
- Assist with inventory control
You must have good computer skills, be adaptable, committed to our “Zero Harm” attitude, and reliable. You will need initiative, flexibility, high level of energy and enthusiasm, display excellent communication and customer relations skills. Additionally, you have experience managing a warehouse and staff, both casual and permanent. You will have a minimum of 5 years’ warehouse/stores experience in a Heavy Mining or Equipment Manufacturing environment as well as a Certificate IV in Warehousing or equivalent. An open and current Driver’s License, and Forklift License is essential.
You must have the right to live and work in this location to apply for this job.
Agencies need not apply.
What we offer
- 12% Superannuation contribution
- An Employee Benefits Program including salary sacrifice options, a company-wide bonus scheme, and Length of Service Recognition program
- Company funded paid parental leave which includes superannuation contributions during the leave period
- Training opportunities for employees – from internal programs to contributions towards external studies
- A Sandvik Wellness Program for employees’ who want to improve their health and wellbeing
Our Company and Culture
Sandvik Mining & Rock Technology is a leading supplier in equipment and tools, service and technical solutions for the mining and construction industries. Application areas include rock drilling, rock cutting, crushing and screening, loading and hauling, tunneling, quarrying and breaking and demolition.
We conduct business in a sustainable and responsible manner. To achieve this we always act in line with our high ethical standards, putting safety first and always showing consideration for the environment and the communities in which we operate. The safety and well-being of our employees and the environment are our core values. Finally, we care about others and build relationships based on honesty, respect and trust.
At Sandvik, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
How to apply
Click ‘Apply Now’ button, or access the Sandvik website home.sandvik/careers
07 3621 1823
Applications close: 12 March 2021 or sooner if the right applicant is found
Sandvik is a high-tech and global engineering group offering products and services that enhance customer productivity, profitability and sustainability. We hold world-leading positions in selected areas – tools and tooling systems for metal cutting; equipment and tools, service and technical solutions for the mining industry and rock excavation within the construction industry; products in advanced stainless steels and special alloys as well as products for industrial heating. In 2019, the Group had approximately 40,000 employees and revenues of about 100 billion SEK in more than 160 countries within continuing operations.
Deadline: 12 Mar