Supply Chain Manager
- Deadline: Not set
- Country: United States of America
- Location: Carrollton, Texas
- Job-ID: R0024153
- Job category: Supply Chain & Logistics
Terelion, part of Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions in Carrollton, TX is looking for a
SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGER
Terelion, is a global company servicing the Mining business. We operate in over 120 countries providing premium drill bits, DTH and RPS, knowledge and expertise to achieve customer goals. The key to the company's success is our innovative employees. Terelion offers an exciting and fast paced work environment, attractive benefits, and competitive pay. If you’re looking to invest in your career development, Terelion is the right place for you. Come join our team!
Key performance areas
Manages activities of those engaged in the production scheduling, movement, storage, and inventory control activities of finished materials. Schedules a variety of production operations and analyzes new orders to plan, prepare, and publish a master schedule to ensure timely order shipments. Develops master schedule to prepare short range plans for plant production activities. Works with purchasing department to ensure that sufficient parts are on hand to meet short range schedules. Analyzes and adjusts operations considering product mix, makes calculations and updates schedules accordingly.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Leads group to establish overall production requirements based on sales forecast, historical data, and current market conditions
- Liaisons with field sales and production planning to establish production priorities
- Supervises activities of shipping group
- Supervises monitoring of field inventory levels
- Oversees purchasing activities in procuring materials, equipment, and services
- Ensures contracts with suppliers and vendors are consistent with corporate objectives
- Participates in major contract negotiations with suppliers to secure consistent supplies and competitive prices
- Reviews and approves large purchase orders over buyers’ limits
- Develops purchasing plan and the policies & procedures for purchasing
- Sound understanding of business law, legal contracts, and various financial issues including cash flow and working capitol
- Reviews and approves quotation, price/performance agreements, and/or price discounts
- Examines documents such as invoices, bills of lading, and shipping/receiving statements to verify conversion of merchandise weights or volumes into system used by different countries
- Converts foreign currency figures into United Stated monetary equivalents, or domestic currency into foreign equivalent
Bachelor’s degree with six years’ experience in scheduling. Some purchasing experience with 3+ years progressive experience preferred. Ability to read and interpret documents such as government import/export regulations, vendor quotations and supply contracts, OSHA safety rules, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Speak effectively before groups of customers, vendors, or employees of organization. Analytical and mathematical ability, including calculating figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages. Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Sandvik offers a comprehensive total compensation package including a competitive benefits package of life, health, dental, and disability insurance, paid time off, paid holidays, and a 401(k) retirement savings plan. In addition, we provide opportunities for professional competence development and training, as well as opportunities for career advancement.
How to apply
For immediate consideration, please apply online at http://www.sandvik.com/careers to the Supply Chain Manager position, Job Requisition # R0024153
Sandvik is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Any applicant who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing an application or at any time during the application process should contact Human Resources at email@example.com. Sandvik also provides reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities consistent with its obligations under the law.
Prior to this recruitment, we have already decided which advertising channels and marketing campaigns we wish to utilize and we respectfully decline any contact from marketing or recruitment agencies regarding additional channels or campaigns
Deadline: Not set