- Deadline: Not set
- Country: United States of America
- Location: Romeoville, Illinois
- Job-ID: R0022648
- Job category: Supply Chain & Logistics
Sandvik Mining & Rock Technology is looking for an Outbound Manager for our Chicago Warehouse operations.
Sandvik Mining & Rock Technology, the leading global supplier of equipment and tools, service and technical solutions for the mining industry, currently has two openings for an Outbound Manager and an Inbound Manager.
The Outbound Managers is responsible for managing the day to day operational activities of the Outbound actives in the Chicago Warehouse with key focus areas of people management, forward planning, costs and KPI’s. These two roles have a strong focus on Environmental, Health & Safety (EHS) standards and compliance with chain of responsibility.
Key responsibilities include:
- Lead the Outbound team and sets an example for others to follow with the ability to supervise and provide direction and guidance to other employees
- Leading, developing and mentoring a team while implementing and driving change management
- Lead team meetings while providing on-the-job training and career development to all team members
- Comply with all aspects of the Sandvik EHS policy and any reasonable instruction, procedures or systems of work which are given in the interest of providing safe workplaces and eliminating environmental harm
- Assist with development and refinement of a warehouse layout including proper location of goods
- Maintaining and preparing regular monthly productivity, KPI, EHS and development reports
- Assist with the development and implementation of process improvements (based on warehousing best practices) to optimize/improve the operational efficiency, performance and productivity of the Warehouse including implementing cost reduction strategies.
- Support the Operational performance team in executing continuous improvement projects
We are looking for someone with a previous experience leading in a Warehouse as well as highly developed customer relations, time management and organizational skills. With your leadership capabilities comes a high-level of initiative, drive and determination. You will also have well-develop interpersonal skills and the ability to develop and motivate staff. You will also have sound Microsoft Office skills and prior exposure to ERP, Warehouse, Transport and EHS management systems will be beneficial.
Additionally, education in Warehouse or Supply Chain discipline or an advantage and knowledge of the mining industry is desirable.
How to Apply
For immediate consideration, please apply online at http://www.sandvik.com/careers/ for the
Outbound Manager – Chicago Warehouse, Job Req. ID# R0022648
Sandvik is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Any applicant who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing an application or at any time during the application process should contact Human Resources at email@example.com. Sandvik also provides reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities consistent with its obligations under the law.
Deadline: Not set