- Deadline: Not set
- Country: United States of America
- Location: Elko, Nevada
- Job-ID: R0020848
- Job category: Supply Chain & Logistics
Sandvik Mining & Rock Technology in Elko, NV is looking for a
Are you a flexible, self-motivated warehouse technician with time management and organizational skills? If so – we look forward to receiving your application!
Sandvik Mining and Rock Technology (SMRT) is a business area within the Sandvik Group and a leading global supplier of equipment, tools, service, and technical solutions for the mining industry. The product offering covers rock drilling, rock cutting, rock crushing, loading and hauling and materials handling.
Key Performance Areas
The Warehouse Technician is responsible for the shipment, receipt, and distribution of materials in a timely and accurate manner. You will assist with shipping and receiving, unload trucks, check in materials and store them in the appropriate location. You also will file appropriate documentation and process sales orders and invoices in accordance with company process.
The Warehouse Technician should possess knowledge of local mining procedures and practices, as well as, knowledge of MSHA rules and regulations. Current MSHA certification or ability to attain one will be required for the role.
Additionally, you will:
- Update and maintains warehouse location system
- Assist in cycle counting and physical inventory
- Prepare export documentation as required
- Maintain shipping supplies inventory
- Arrange shipping/transport
- Accept/reject vendor inventory transactions
- Build sound relationships with the workshop team and internal and external customers to ensure smooth operations
- Participate in customer on-call service as required
- Expedite urgent orders to ensure customer receives when needed
- Identify and report any unsafe work habits, workplace incidents and / or near misses
- Comply with SMRT safety policies and applicable government, customer, or industry regulations or requirements
You possess a high school diploma or equivalent, and have at least six months related warehouse experience. You are capable of operating a forklift, and be capable of lifting 50 lbs. You have well-developed time management and organizational skills, and strong active listening and communication (verbal and written) skills. You must be willing to drive and deliver parts locally and to mine sites in the area. You must also be willing to work and fill in at other warehouses in the region when needed
Candidates should also possess:
- Valid driver’s license
- Ability to work as part of an integrated, broad team
- Demonstrated initiative
- Computer literacy
- Current MSHA certification or ability to attain one
How to Apply
For immediate consideration, please visit www.home.sandvik/careers to apply to the Warehouse Technician position, JO #R0020848
Deadline: Not set