- Deadline: Not set
- Country: United States of America
- Location: Clarks Summit, Pennsylvania
- Job-ID: R0020648
- Job category: Supply Chain & Logistics
Sandvik Materials Technology in Clarks Summit, PA is looking for a
Sandvik Materials Technology is a business area within the Sandvik Group and a world-leading manufacturer of high value-added products in advanced stainless steels, special alloys, as well as metallic and ceramic resistance materials for the most demanding industries. Its cutting-edge expertise is based on an integrated production platform and world-leading metallurgy and R&D. Operations are divided into three product areas: Tube; Strip, Wire and Heating Technology; and Primary Products.
Sandvik Materials Technology has an excellent opportunity for a Logistics Operator for its Distribution Center, located at the Clarks Summit, PA facility.
Key performance areas
In this key logistics role, the Logistics Operator is responsible to use powered industrial lift equipment for unloading and loading of flatbed or other cargo trailers and the placement of product on storage devices. The operator will also operate overhead cranes, receive, select and inspect inventory, performing other material control and logistics functions in a semi-autonomous environment.
Additional responsibilities, but not limited to:
- Unloading and loading of trucks
- Operation of powered industrial equipment
- Inspection of inventory, packed goods, and returned materials
- Material selection for customer orders
- Computer utilization to effect inventory transactions and paperwork generation
- Physical handling and packaging of inventory to customer specification
- Participate in and leading daily shift planning meetings
- Successfully operate in a team-based environment, employing influential leadership.
- Mastery of all job functions at the Distribution Center
- Inbound material handling
- Outbound material handling
- Cycle Counting
- Freight handling non-bulk freight, I.e. UPS, FED EXPRESS, DHL
- Perform all duties as assigned
The ideal candidate will possess a high school diploma or equivalent, trade school degree is preferred with a moderate level of proficiency with Microsoft Office and other business software. The candidate must work effectively in both a team environment and performing individually. The ability to meet or exceed established productivity objectives is desired required.
Excellent communication skills High level of customer service orientation Self-starter / proactive Ability to work in a team environment High attention to detail An interest in learning and proficiency in P.C. / Mainframe application(s) A desire to grow in the position by acquiring new skills and accepting more responsibility
Sandvik offers a comprehensive total compensation package including a competitive benefits package of health, dental and disability insurance, and a 401(k)-retirement savings plan. In addition, we provide opportunities for professional competence development and training, as well as opportunities for career advancement.
How to apply
For immediate consideration, please apply online at https://www.home.sandvik/en/careers/ for the Logistics Operator position, Job Requisition ID# R0020648.
Sandvik is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Any applicant who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing an application or at any time during the application process should contact Human Resources at email@example.com. Sandvik also provides reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities consistent with its obligations under the law.
Deadline: Not set