Senior Purchaser - P2
- Deadline: 23 Sep
- Country: South Africa
- Location: Boksburg
- Job-ID: R0020581
- Job category: Supply Chain & Logistics
Sandvik Mining and Rock Technology is a global leader in the supply of equipment, tools, services, support and technical solutions for the mining and construction industry. We offer a diverse range of opportunities through our businesses and cross-border networks, enabling you to explore your potential and thrive.
To develop country sourcing plans and align to Category strategies. Lead and participate in sourcing projects including supplier selection and creation of contracts. Establish and manage relationships with key stakeholders and suppliers.
Key Performance Areas
- Draft and/or review commercial agreements/tenders/bids with service providers and ensure all agreements are in line with policies and procedures
- Structure and negotiate commercial transactions
- Prepare monthly and quarterly reports for executive management and adjudication committee
- Develop ,implement, manage and maintain contracting management strategy (Procurement, Engineering, IT and Facilities)
- Liaise with relevant stakeholders to ensure the identification and mitigation of risks
- Monitor performance and compliance of procurement transactions in line with contract KPI’s
- Monitor spend consumption against contract and reconcile rebates due and reports
- Implement and support the review of procurement policy, framework and procedures
- Responsible for POPIA Third Party Risk assessments and collection of data for purposes of implementation
- Applying sound sourcing principles such as achieving the best supply at the most competitive rates, keeping the risks of unreliable suppliers at an acceptable level for the pricing agreed.
- Conduct monitoring and evaluations of processes and report deviations to EXCO
- Responsible for drafting non-conformance and demand letters
- Ensure supplier due diligence process is conducted in line with policies
- Conduct contract life cycle administration in conjunction with category managers and procurement manager
- Support Category Management in the development of special commercial terms and conditions of the Agreement
- Provide input to Category Management on best contracting models for sourced categories
- Identify, prioritise and manage optimisation and continuous improvement of opportunities and projects.
- Responsible for Supplier performance management evaluations
- Ensure compliance/comply with internal and external policies, guidelines, regulations and laws.
- Develop country sourcing plans and align to Category strategies when such strategies exist.
- Implement and follow-up country sourcing plans.
- Identify, prepare, propose and select sourcing projects and activities.
- Lead and Manage sourcing projects.
- Select suppliers in managed sourcing projects and support the onboarding of suppliers.
- Follow-up and monitor sourcing projects.
- Create contracts related to own managed sourcing projects and activities and implement contracts within area of responsibility.
- Support contract compliance and use of contracts.
- Supplier management including contract maintenance.
- Normal supply issue resolution.
- Collaborate within Indirect purchasing to ensure sharing and implementation of best practices and execution of continues improvements.
- Establish relationships with key stakeholders to ensure understanding of business needs.
- Work according to common processes, systems and tools, and established delegations and authority matrices.
- Authorized to sign agreements in accordance with established delegation and authority matrices.
- Create and expedite orders
- Supplier Performance Management
- Bcom (Supply Chain or Law), LLB or other equivalent legal or financial qualifications; and
- Minimum of 5 - 7 years' relevant experience.
- Relevant experience from Category driven Purchasing, Supply, Production, Sales and/or Finance
- Exposure to environment with sensitive/confidential information;
- Business etiquette on at a management level;
- Understanding of procurement processes;
- Understanding of the fundamentals of internal controls;
- Excellent drafting and writing capability;
Skills & Competencies
- Excellent people management skills;
- Excellent leadership skills;
- Demonstrated administration skills;
- Excellent verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills;
- Strong commitment to service and quality standards;
- Detail oriented and pro-active; and
- Logical and methodical.
How to apply
Please apply online through the Sandvik website www.home.sandvik/en/careers, reference R0020581
Applications close: 23 September 2020
We offer you an interesting role in an international business environment as well as opportunities for your professional development. At Sandvik, we believe that diversity of experience, perspective and background will lead to a better environment for our employees, our business and, thereby, our customers.
Deadline: 23 Sep