- Deadline: 28 Apr
- Country: Australia
- Location: Adelaide SA, South Australia
- Job-ID: R0017995
- Job category: Supply Chain & Logistics
Sandvik Mining and Rock Technology
Warehouse Supervisor - Pooraka
Sandvik Mining and Rock Technology is a global leader in the supply of equipment, tools, services, support and technical solutions for the mining and construction industry. We offer a diverse range of opportunities through our businesses and cross-border networks, enabling you to explore your potential and thrive.
Sandvik currently has a position vacant for a Warehouse Supervisor to join the team in Pooraka. The Warehouse Supervisor will supervise the day-to-day activities involved with the supply of spare parts and materials from the warehouse to the customer. This role provides support in the day to day operations and activities involved with the supply of Spare Parts and Materials from the Warehouse to the end user in compliance with Sandvik Warehousing and Logistic procedures and processes.
This role is a full-time requirement, however Sandvik recognises the desire for flexible working options. Flexible employment arrangements are considered upon application. This is a residential role. Agencies need not apply. This is not a FIFO role
Areas of responsibility
- Comply with all aspects of the Sandvik EHS policy and any reasonable instruction, procedures or systems of work which are given in the interest of providing safe work places and eliminating environmental harm
- Lead small teams and sets an example for others to follow with the ability to supervise and provide direction and guidance to other employees
- Understands and is responsible for the functional areas within the warehouse e.g.; receiving, cycle counting, dispatch, pick and pack
- Assist with development and refinement of a warehouse layout including proper location of goods
- Exercises skills attained through the successful completion of an appropriate warehousing qualification
- Liaising with management, suppliers and customers with respect to warehouse operations
- Maintaining and preparing regular monthly productivity, KPI and safety reports
- Lead toolbox meetings while providing on-the-job training and career development to all team members
- Prioritize day to day workload and allocate resources to achieve operational KPI’s
- Recognizes and is responsible for quality control standards
- Undertake project work within the warehouse
We are looking for someone with a sound understanding of business processes and highly developed customer relations skills including time management and organizational skills.
With your leadership capabilities & high-level of initiative, drive and determination you have the ability to perform unsupervised whilst achieving effective results and goal. You will also have well-develop interpersonal skills and the ability to develop and motivate staff.
Additionally, a tertiary education in warehouse and inventory management, purchasing and supply is an advantage. A sound knowledge of the mining industry is desirable. Car, LF and LO license is essential.
What we offer
- 12% Superannuation
- An Employee Benefits Program including salary sacrifice options, bonus scheme, and Length of Service Recognition program
- Company funded paid parental leave which includes superannuation contributions during the leave period
- Training and development opportunities for employees such as internal programs or contributions towards external studies
- A Sandvik Wellness Program for employees’ who want to improve their health and wellbeing
Our Company and Culture
We conduct business in a sustainable and responsible manner. To achieve this, we always act in line with our high ethical standards, putting safety first and always showing consideration for the environment and the communities in which we operate. The safety and well-being of our employees and the environment are our core values. Finally, we care about others and build relationships based on honesty, respect and trust.
At Sandvik, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
Deadline: 28 Apr