Supply Chain / Sourcing
- Deadline: Not set
- Country: United States of America
- Location: Houston, Texas
- Job-ID: R0006730
- Job category: Supply Chain & Logistics
Sandvik Materials Technology in Houston, TX is looking for a
Supply Chain/Sourcing Specialist
If you are a driven and experienced Supply Chain/Sourcing professional and want to join a global leader in the stainless-steel industry, Sandvik Materials Technology wants to speak with you!
Sandvik Materials Technology is a business area within the Sandvik Group and a world-leading manufacturer of high value-added products in advanced stainless steels, special alloys, as well as metallic and ceramic resistance materials for the most demanding industries. Its cutting-edge expertise is based on an integrated production platform and world-leading metallurgy and R&D. Operations are divided into three product areas: Tube; Strip, Wire and Heating Technology; and Primary Products.
Key performance areas
As the Supply Chain/Sourcing Specialist you will be responsible for the overall flow of the Oil & Gas control line supply chain. This will entail effective management of material and service providers, development of a well-integrated communication structure with the sales organization, integrated coordination with warehouse operations, and a consistently high-level order delivery performance. You will be expected to coordinate a seamless supply chain consistently delivering high level performance and meeting customer expectations for quality, capacity, and delivery reliability.
The main responsibilities of the Supply Chain/Sourcing Specialist include:
- Support manufacturing process through oversight and development of manufacturing planning and development using available tools and systems to ensure availability of materials and consumables, and clear communication of customer requirements.
- Ability to work within a global business environment in relation to import/export, vendor support and management, and inventory control.
- Work closely with sales, suppliers and manufacturing to maintain control of process flow with the objective to deliver orders that meet customer requirements while keeping clear and open communication channels between all parties.
- Work closely with sales and quality assurance to develop and maintain suppliers at a high-performance level. Suppliers will deliver high quality products and services in a manner consistent with agreements and directly linked with customer expectations.
- Assist with creating a zero accident/safety first culture and identify and capitalize on areas where business can be improved by acting in accordance with Sandvik's vision.
- Developing and maintaining local KPI’s to manage and drive performance for our CLH production unit in Houston as well as our vendors.
The Supply Chain/Sourcing Specialist must have 5-10 years of experience in a Logistics Operations position, with experience in supplier management or manufacturing planning as well as leadership and team building experience. In addition, a bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering or a technical field is preferred but not required. Project Management certifications (APICS, ISM, CSCMP) would be a plus. You also have experience with MRP/ERP systems.
You are a strong team player, with experience leading and motivating others. You operate under the mindset of continuous improvement and are always looking for ways to improve the teams and projects you are a part of. You have a competitive spirit and passion to win, and are willing to go the extra mile to achieve the best results possible. You possess excellent verbal and written communication skills and are highly proficient in the Microsoft Office suite. Candidates should be self-motivated, organized and able to work in a fast-paced environment. You’re flexible, adjusting well to change, and remain calm under pressure with the ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines.
Sandvik offers a comprehensive total compensation package including a competitive benefits package of health, dental and disability insurance, and a 401(k) retirement savings plan. In addition, we provide opportunities for professional competence development and training, as well as opportunities for career advancement.
How to apply
For immediate consideration, please apply online at www.home.sandvik/careers to the Supply Chain/Sourcing Specialist position, Job Opening #R0006730
Sandvik is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Any applicant who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing an application or at any time during the application process should contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. Sandvik also provides reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities consistent with its obligations under the law.
Deadline: Not set