Distribution Supervisor -2nd Shift (2pm to 11pm Monday-Friday)
If you are an enthusiastic leadership professional with experience in distribution/manufacturing operations, Sandvik Machining Solutions has a great opportunity for you!
Sandvik Machining Solutions is a business area within the Sandvik Group and a global market-leading manufacturer of tools and tooling systems for advanced industrial metal cutting. Products are manufactured in cemented carbide and other hard materials such as diamond, cubic boron nitride and special ceramics.
The Distribution Supervisor is responsible for the operations of the distribution center. This individual will monitor the daily activities of pickers & packers, shipping & receiving associates and invoicing functions while ensuring the established objectives and key performance measures such as productivity, quality and on time shipments to customers are met.
- Manage and direct the daily activities of distribution staff to meet KPIs.
- Efficiently supervise the daily customer orders
- Maintain and control warehouse inventory and reconcile inventory discrepancies
- Work closely with internal management to execute all site initiatives
- Maintain, build, develop and improve staff by setting clear expectations, training, supervising and coaching
- Maintain a positive work environment by ensuring consistent communication, feedback, follow-up and recognition.
- Able to lead projects of moderate complexity.
- Identify lean/5S opportunities to improve distribution operations.
- Manage and model the EH&S & ISO culture
Minimum of 5-7 years of leadership experience, or an Associate’s Degree in Business Administration / Supply Chain with 2 years of leadership experience, or a BA/BS in Business Administration, Management, Supply Chain or a related field.
- Must have strong leadership, communication, organizational & customer service skills
- Prior WMS & ISO experience
- Should have good PC knowledge of MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Must be self-motivated with a high degree of integrity & be able perform job duties with minimal supervision on a timely basis
- Past job performance must reflect dependability, maturity, initiative, personal demeanor, & the ability to exercise sound judgment
HOW TO APPLY
- Interested in joining our team, please visit www.sandvik.com/careers to apply to the Distribution Supervisor position.
- Check us out at www.sandvik.com
- Sandvik offers a comprehensive total compensation package including a robust benefits package of life, health, dental, and disability insurance, paid time off, paid holidays, and a 401(k)-retirement savings plan. In addition, we provide opportunities for professional development and training, as well as opportunities for career advancement.
- Sandvik is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Deadline: Not set