Sandvik Mining & Rock Solutions is looking for a
Key performance areas
The Buyer Specialist main function is to participate in the development of sourcing strategies to support the local and international business.
This role is responsible for local Sourcing activities related to Mechanical Cutting demand. Elaborate, Install and developing Supply Base in USA& CAN. Collaboration and Coordinating of Suppliers which are used in P&S and PA Mechanical Cutting Supply Chain but located in America. Developing necessary strategy for responsible material items and installation of those. Create any benefits for supporting the global growth strategy.
- Develops and maintains strategic relationships with suppliers
- Develops and maintains strategic relationships with Sandvik Sourcing, PU Zeltweg, and North American operations
- Places orders and manages the delivery schedule based on factory needs
- Assists with Aftermarket orders and needs
- Occasionally issue RFQ’s for obsolete/non-moving items
- Maintain and update lead times regularly
- Engage with the Inventory team to manage stock levels and purchase quantities
- Manage and maintain accurate ERP data
- Support in notifying suppliers of Engineering changes
- Be the first line of defense for price increases on order confirmations
- Uses judgement and can propose solutions outside of normal operations
- KPI’s preparation
You should possess a degree in business or technology related area desirable but not required. Possess 3 plus years in a sourcing or supply chain related function. Understanding of different cultures and skills. Some domestic & international travel is required.
- Excellent strategic thinking skill and the will to recover existing situations
- High ability to develop sourcing strategies including detailed implementation plans
- Project Management skills
- Negotiation skills and Contracts management
- Stakeholder management
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills
- Ability to work independently and effectively contributes to teams
- Sound knowledge of used ERB System (SAP, S21) and Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to produce results
Sandvik offers a comprehensive total compensation package including a competitive benefits package of life, health, dental, and disability insurance, paid time off, paid holidays, and a 401(k)-retirement savings plan. In addition, we provide opportunities for professional development and training, as well as opportunities for career advancement.
How to Apply
For immediate consideration, please apply online at http://www.sandvik.com/careers/ for the Buyer Specialist, Job Req. R0053816.
Sandvik is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Any applicant who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing an application or at any time during the application process should contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. Sandvik also provides reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities consistent with its obligations under the law
Deadline: Not set