Sandvik Mining & Rock Solutions is looking for Operative Buyer to join their Rotary Drills Division in Alachua, FL.
Sandvik is a global engineering company with over 37,000 team members worldwide. Our division headquarters in sunny Alachua, FL is where we design and manufacture world class rotary drill machines for the global surface mining industry. We offer customer focused mining solutions centered on our own employees’ passion to win while maintaining a fun and rewarding work atmosphere.
At Sandvik, we’re technology driven, innovative, entrepreneurial, and inclusive! Our workplace is full of dedicated and passionate team members who directly contribute to our company’s growth and success. We believe that diversity inspires, so we invest in supporting each other, learning together, and celebrating our differences. And it’s our commitments to Safety, Quality and our People in what sets us apart here in Alachua.
To purchase goods and services from suppliers by creating and releasing purchase orders, administrate order acknowledgements/confirmations and follow up and track deliveries. Ensure contract compliance with, and use of global/regional/country/local contracts. Working closely with internal customers and suppliers to ensure on time delivery of materials needed to support production.
- Purchasing components based on requirements within MRP.
- Ensures the system is accurate with supplier data such as lead times, coding of buyer, and supplier data.
- Expedite, defer, and cancel parts based on production requirements.
- Purchasing components for Maintenance, Repair and Operation (MRO) via manual requisitions or through the internet approval sites.
- Resolves any invoice disputes with the supplier.
- Resolves non-conforming parts through sending part back to supplier for evaluation, rework or replacement.
- Gather information from suppliers to gain a better understanding of assigned suppliers' supply constraints
- Monitors supplier performance through open orders to ensure timely delivery of parts.
- Assist with OSMI Dispositions
- Sets up onsite meetings and facilitates discussion between suppliers and internal customers.
- Lead meetings for projects, as assigned
- Support fellow buyers as needed.
- Cross trained as back up for fellow buyers.
- Other Duties as assigned
- Detail-oriented with excellent organizational skills and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Self-starter who can work independently or on teams
- Open-minded, innovative spirit with safety and quality focus
- Adept problem solver – logical and methodical approach for continuous improvement
- Superior communication skills, written and verbal
- High level of professionalism, honesty and integrity
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Health - After 30 days you’re eligible for our Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance with Flexible Spending. There’s company paid short term disability insurance and Group Life Insurance.
- Future Savings - We help you save for retirement in offering a generous 401(k) plan with auto/matching your contribution up to 8%.
- Rest & Relaxation - We provide up to 2 weeks Paid Time Off your first year of employment along with 11 Company paid holidays. After 1 year of service, you’re awarded 3 Weeks of Vacation. Woohoo!
- And if you’re feeling under the weather – we have up to 6 sick days a year too.
Career & Other Perks
- Career Path - Your success and career at Sandvik is very important to us and we support your professional development by offering online and classroom trainings through our onsite Sandvik Training Academy and offer a College Tuition Reimbursement Program for those wanting to finish a degree or pursue another or other certifications.
- Promoting the Sandvik Spirit - Community is important to us and we do our best to support and give back to the community and local charities which employees can participate with our Community Service Days
- Let’s be healthy together - you receive an annual Wellness, Diet and Gym Stipend
- Fun in the workplace - We have Employee Resource Groups and an Employee Activity Committee that promotes at least one event every quarter.
- Unlimited Employee Discounts – Part of a global organization there are many employee savings available from purchasing a car, buying a cellphone, or taking the much-needed vacation. These discount programs are from the major automobile manufacturers and famous retail brands, theme parks, etc.
Come Join our Sandvik Family!
How to apply
For immediate consideration, please apply online at www.sandvik.com to the Buyer position, Job Req. ID #R0053720.
Sandvik is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Any applicant who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing an application or at any time during the application process should contact Human Resources at HRsupport.US@sandvik.com. Sandvik also provides reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities consistent with its obligations under the law.
Deadline: Not set