Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions
Purchasing Specialist - Heatherbrae
Our Company and Culture
Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions is a business area within the Sandvik Group and a global leading supplier of equipment and tools, parts, service and technical solutions for the mining and construction industries. The Sandvik Group has approximately 44,000 employees in more than 150 countries.
We conduct business in a sustainable and responsible manner. To achieve this, we always act in line with our high ethical standards, putting safety first and always showing consideration for the environment and the communities in which we operate. The safety and well-being of our employees and the environment are our core values. Finally, we care about others and build relationships based on honesty, respect, and trust.
At Sandvik, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, and we encourage applications from women and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
The Purchasing Specialist works to provide expertise in strategic and tactical purchasing for Sandvik Mechanical Cutting in Australia. The Purchasing Specialist will coordinate the purchasing process and be accountable for the procurement of products required for Sandvik Mechanical Cutting business in Australia.
This role is a full-time requirement, however Sandvik recognises the desire for flexible working options. Flexible employment arrangements include condensed working weeks, working from home, flexible start/finish times, etc.
Areas of responsibility
- Process daily purchase order requirements to meet Sandvik business needs, ensuring accuracy of data.
- Review outstanding purchase orders on a regular basis with suppliers to ensure that there is proactive management of on time delivery performance.
- Ensure continuity of supply and that supplier performance is achieved in terms of cost, quality, and delivery
- Ensure compliance/comply with all internal and external policies, guidelines, regulations, and identify, prepare, propose, and select sourcing projects and activities.
- Onboarding (evaluation and approval) of suppliers
- Maintain and meet KPI’s set.
You are an experienced Purchasing professional; with a comprehensive knowledge of procurement processes. You have strong commercial analysis skills and highly effective internal communication abilities. You have experience in a large, complex organisation and are able to demonstrate considerable knowledge of purchasing coordination, preferably in a multi-site organisation.
You are able to travel interstate when required and have the ability to plan and organise your daily workload autonomously. You are a team player and comfortable with delivering high level customer service by liaising and communication with key stakeholders.
Agencies need not apply.
You must have the right to live and work in Australia to apply for this job.
What we offer
- A rewarding career with diverse opportunities
- Flexibility to work from home
- An Employee Benefits Program including salary sacrifice options
- 12.5% Superannuation on top of all earnings
- Company Performance Bonus scheme
- Length of Service Recognition program
- Company funded paid parental leave
- Training and development opportunities
Sandvik is proud to be a Work180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and benefits on the Work180 website.
0448 044 698
Deadline: Aug 28