Strategic Sourcing Trainee
Strategic Sourcing Trainee (Internship – 3 months)
Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions - Part & Services Division is now looking for a Strategic Sourcing Trainee – 3 months
Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions (SMR) is a global leading supplier of equipment and tools, parts, service, digital solutions and sustainability-driving technologies for the mining and construction industries. One of our key success factors is our 17 000 brilliant employees – the ones who brought us to the market leading position we hold today, and the ambassadors of our brand and culture. To continue attracting, engaging and developing top talents in a relevant way for our business, we’re now making a move towards an even more employee-centric, digital and agile approach.
In line with the Sandvik Shift strategy – our platform to enable necessary shifts focusing on growth, sustainability, customers, agility, digitalization and of course; employee value – we’re now looking for a strategic sourcing trainee for our Parts & Services Division. Are you ready to embark on an exciting career where you get the chance to work together with brilliant minds and shape best practices in an international environment?
What we do?
Within our Parts & Services Division, we are responsible for the worldwide parts and service operations activities in SMR. Our sales are in the mining and construction industries, and our customer base ranges from large multinational companies to small and medium sized enterprises – consisting of both end-customers and dealerships. It is with passion, expertise and an innovative mindset we provide our customers with the best overall experience.
About this opportunity
We are now looking for a Strategic Sourcing Trainee who will strengthen Sandvik’s competitive position by improving supplier value, proactively managing business risks and contributing to the creation of value for the Customer!
The Strategic Sourcing Trainee will evaluate, qualify and select external suppliers for the purchase of parts and components within multiple categories.
The Strategic Sourcing Trainee will be exposed to commercial relationship with suppliers! The position is based in Alachua for a period of 3 months
What you will do
- Provide general administrative and operational support to the sourcing team and ensure that tasks are performed in a timely manner.
- Collaborate closely with Sourcing Specialists throughout the sourcing process (BASE):
- Support the mapping of business needs, market and portfolio.
- Support the assessment of suppliers through RFI and RFQ/RFP.
- Support with records updates in SRM (NDA, CoC, CoO, LTSD, etc.)
- Support the development of negotiation tactics/strategies.
- Support the completion, formalization and upload of agreed/negotiated conditions.
- Interact with multiple stakeholders (Sourcing, Buying, Accounts Payables, Engineering, Suppliers, etc.). LPS Tickets responses.
- Contribute to the long-term business.
- You are in the third or fourth year of your bachelor's degree of Economics and or Engineering
- You are self-organized & highly efficient in a rapidly changing business environment
- Excellent communication skills to have meetings and conversations with sourcing team members and others
- Fluent in English
- Curious by nature, have great attention to detail and have the attitude and aptitude to make things better while working under pressure
- Basic finance knowledge
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Basic knowledge of SAP is recommended but not required
At Sandvik, we offer a global arena of brilliant minds, and we’re technology driven, innovative, entrepreneurial, and inclusive! Success is a team effort, and we believe that diversity inspires, so we invest in supporting each other, learning together, and celebrating our differences. Visit our stories hub, LinkedIn or Facebook to get to know us further.
How to Apply
For immediate consideration, please apply online at www.sandvik.com/careers to the Strategic Sourcing Trainee position, Job Req. ID # R0041187 by May 25, 2022.
Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Any applicant who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing an application or at any time during the application process should contact Human Resources at hrsupport.sandvik.com. Sandvik also provides reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities consistent with its obligations under the law. Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions is a Veteran-friendly employer.
Deadline: Not set