Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions is a business area within the Sandvik Group and a global leading supplier of equipment and tools, parts, service and technical solutions for the mining and construction industries. In 2020, the Sandvik Group had approximately 37,000 employees in more than 160 countries.
We conduct business in a sustainable and responsible manner. To achieve this, we always act in line with our high ethical standards, putting safety first and always showing consideration for the environment and the communities in which we operate. The safety and well-being of our employees and the environment are our core values. Finally, we care about others and build relationships based on honesty, respect and trust.
At Sandvik, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, and we encourage applications from women and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
We are looking for a Sourcing specialist to Provide expertise in sourcing processes and contract management and be responsible for the day-to-day operational sourcing activities. Delivering value through analytical and commercial leadership in sourcing and procurement of transactional suppliers. The position will provide timely and effective sourcing expertise and mentoring to stakeholders and taking the responsibility for the overall outcomes.
This role is a full-time requirement, however Sandvik recognises the desire for flexible working options. Flexible employment arrangements include condensed working weeks, working from home, flexible start/finish times, etc.
Areas of responsibility
- Ensure that the operational sourcing tasks are performed in a timely manner.
- Lead the development and on-going management of multiple and simultaneous transactional supplier selection and negotiation processes, ensuring key stakeholder involvement in the determination of requirements, specifications, selection criteria, review of proposals and negotiations.
- Support the successful delivery of sourcing project outcomes through use of rigorous and systematic processes and timely project completion, while managing the effective delivery of projects by determining project timelines, objectives and directing activities of project teams, keeping all members and stakeholders informed of progress.
- Lead and support peers, providing guidance on all matters within the sourcing process and day-to-day operational activities. Act as process leader for continued sourcing process improvement, while effectively manage stakeholders and build strong team relationships and trust with internal customers.
- Develop sourcing strategies, processes, and analysis techniques, while ensuring procurement decisions support needs of key users and stakeholders.
- Conduct and implement contract management for assigned contracts.
We are looking for someone commercially astute with demonstrated business acumen and an in depth understanding of Sourcing processes with high level of initiative and self-motivation and the ability to see the big picture yet focus on the detail. You demonstrate leadership and lead the team to become outcome focused.
Minimum 5 years’ experience in strategic sourcing of goods and services is essential, Advanced skills in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and basic knowledge of contracts or contract law. A Degree qualified or progressing towards qualification in a related field (supply chain, finance, management) or demonstrated strategic sourcing experience is desirable.
You will have a high level of effective communicate with management and staff at all levels and strong negotiation skills and Internal Stakeholder development. You can perform under pressure and respond quickly to requests whilst achieving effective results, display professionalism, honestly & integrity.
How to Apply
For immediate consideration, please apply online at http://www.sandvik.com/careers/.
Sandvik is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Any applicant who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing an application or at any time during the application process should contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. Sandvik also provides reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities consistent with its obligations under the law.
Deadline: Not set