Sandvik Rock Processing Solutions is looking for a
Location – Flexible USA / Canada
Sandvik Rock Processing Solutions (SRP) is a business area within the Sandvik Group and a global leading supplier of equipment and tools, service and technical solutions for the mining and construction industries.
At Sandvik, we offer you a world of opportunities. Our diverse businesses and global network enable you to explore your potential and thrive. While discussing the best solution for you today, we are already thinking ahead to the best solution for you tomorrow.
Key Performance Areas
The Procurement Specialist primary function is to ensure continuity of supply through managing a specific category. This will be carried out through MRP and scheduling, identifying and remedying potential supply issue and taking remedial action before there is an impact on production. To ensure best value and terms when purchasing on behalf of the Company, whilst maintaining and improving net working capital and supplier performance in line with the company targets.
- Firstly, you will ensure a safe working environment abiding by all necessary health and safety requirements and legislation and promote a proactive safe working environment.
- You will manage a portfolio of specific category suppliers and implement performance improvement plans when necessary and undertake specific procurement related projects to drive down prices and ensure maximum value and terms.
- It is important to provide a strong procurement support function to all areas ensuring continuity and efficiency of production, and to identify then act on actual and potential shortages ensuring full ownership is taken in remedial action.
- A vital part of this role is to adhere to the SRP purchasing policy and Code of Conduct and take responsibility for design changes and special/one off parts in terms of obtaining re-specification of parts then pricing.
- You will ensure that design changes are followed through to ensure continuity of parts for production.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business or equivalent experience
- Strategic Sourcing experience required
- Manufacturing experience strongly preferred
- Relevant category management experience
- Ability to lead negotiations on commercial T&C’s
- Proficient in the use of MS Office
- Ability to work flexibly to meet demanding deadlines
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong planning and organizational skills
Sandvik offers a comprehensive total compensation package, including a competitive benefits package of health, dental and disability insurance, and a 401(k)-retirement savings plan. In addition, we provide opportunities for professional competence development and training, as well as opportunities for career advancement.
How to apply
For immediate consideration, please apply online at http://www.sandvik.com/careers/ for the Procurement Specialist position, Job Req. R0028747#.
Sandvik is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Any applicant who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing an application or at any time during the application process should contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. Sandvik also provides reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities consistent with its obligations under the law.
Deadline: Not set