Procurement Specialist S Grade
- Deadline: 9 May
- Country: United Kingdom
- Location: Co Tyrone
- Job-ID: R0025257
- Job category: Sourcing
Sandvik Mobile Crushers & Screens in Ballygawley, Northern Ireland is recruiting a Procurement Specialist S Grade (24-month Fixed Term Contract)
Sandvik is a high-tech, global engineering group offering advanced products and services that enhance customer productivity, profitability and safety. We have world - leading positions in selected areas - tools for metal cutting, equipment and tools for the mining and construction industries, stainless materials, special alloys, metallic and ceramic resistance materials as well as process systems. The Group has about 42,000 employees and representation in approximately 130 countries, with sales of around £7.3 billion.
At Sandvik, we offer you a world of opportunities. Our diverse businesses and global network enable you to explore your potential and thrive. While discussing the best solution for you today, we are already thinking ahead to the best solution for you tomorrow.
DETERMINED APPROACH WITH A PROCUREMENT BACKGROUND?
WE LIKE THAT ABOUT YOU
The Procurement Specialist primary function is to ensure continuity of supply through MRP and scheduling, identifying and remedying potential supply issue and taking remedial action before there is an impact on production. To ensure best value and terms when purchasing on behalf of the Company, whilst maintaining and improving net working capital and supplier performance in line with the Company targets.
- Ensure a safe working environment abiding by all necessary health and safety requirements and legislation and promote a proactive safe working environment.
- To provide a strong procurement support function to all areas ensuring continuity and efficiency of production.
- To agree pricing with suppliers under the guidance of the Category lead
- To assist with obtaining up to date aftermarket pricing for parts
- To set up and arrange supplier audit schedules.
- Preparation of drawing packs using Teamcenter or Pulse for RFQs and benchmarking exercises
- Prepare RFQ comparisons for review by stakeholders
- Ensure adherence to the SMC purchasing policy and Code of Conduct.
- Maintain trade agreement pricing on the ERP system
- Assist Category Leads in identifying new sources of supply and support the supplier onboarding process.
- Ensure the integrity and accuracy of procurement data for all stakeholders
- Undertake specific procurement related projects to drive down prices and ensure maximum value and terms.
- Uphold the professional and progressive image of the company at all time adhering to the Sandvik standards of Fair Play.
- At all times to comply with Company policies and procedures
- Due to the nature of the post additional hours may be required
- Undertake other projects and duties as defined by your Manager that may fall outside the direct ambit of this job description and to take ownership of such tasks and to discharge them with speed and accuracy.
This role will be based in Ballygawley, Co Tyrone with some flexibility for home working and as such the successful candidate is required to have eligibility to work in the UK.
- Have relevant (Business, Engineering, Finance, Supply Chain) third level qualification and/or 2 years previous relevant procurement experience gained in the past 5 years
- Proficient in the use of MS Office, particularly MS Excel
- Ability to work flexibly under pressure to meet demanding deadlines
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong planning and organisational skills
- Ability to lead negotiations on commercial ts&cs
- A working knowledge of MRP or ERP systems
- Experience in extracting data/drawings from a CAD software package
- Experience of procurement in an engineering organisation
- Work commenced on CIPS level 4 or higher
In return for your passion and drive we will offer you
- The opportunity to be make an impact on our Divisions performance.
- The opportunity to be part of an ambitious team, in an industry leading business.
- The opportunity to coach and develop others.
- Access to a global Learning & Development Network
- Excellent rewards package, with flexible working opportunities.
Where others see many, we see you – personally. We recognize and value your passion and personality. With your excellent communication and procurement skills; you will be able to bring our services to the next level! How to apply? Interested by this challenge? Please apply directly via sandvikcareers.com quoting reference R0025257 or for further information regarding the recruitment process contact HR Department on 028 85567799.
Closing date: Monday 10th May 2021
Deadline: 9 May