- Deadline: Not set
- Country: United States of America
- Location: Alachua, Florida
- Job-ID: R0024681
- Job category: Sourcing
Sandvik Mining & Rock Technology in Alachua, FL is looking for a
Are you a Sourcing and Procurement Manager who wants to develop your career in the field of mining? If you have Sourcing and Procurement Manager experience in the mining industry and a background in heavy equipment, drilling and blasting, Sandvik Mining & Rock Technology wants to speak with you!
Sandvik Mining and Rock Technology is a business area within the Sandvik Group and a leading global supplier of equipment, tools, service, and technical solutions for the mining industry. The product offering covers rock drilling, rock cutting, rock crushing, loading and hauling and materials handling.
Key performance areas
As the Sourcing Manager, you will be responsible for Rotary Drill Division’s Alachua operation sourcing activity. The Sourcing Manager will be able to appraise and improve the sourcing activities by analyzing and calculating costs of procurement and suggest methods to decrease expenditure, lead-times and improve quality at the source initiatives. The Sourcing Manager will be responsible for developing and implementing sourcing strategies to optimize material lead-time, production efficiencies, quality and cost, during the design and proto-type process of new equipment, as well as, materials required for the manufacturing of existing production models.
As Procurement Manager, you will be responsible for all Rotary Drill Division’s Alachua operation materials and services procurement through proper analysis of material requirements and timely communication with suppliers of material needs via purchase orders, and forecasts. Other responsibilities will include NWC management through proper maintenance of the supplier master information to successfully ensure that the Manufacturing Resource Planning (MRP) application results in the timely and accurate delivery of all parts and services required for production.
Additionally, the Sourcing and Procurement Manager will:
- Conducting research and analyze the supply marketplace, maintain working knowledge of business trends including industry issues, cost drivers, global pricing, market conditions and economic indicators.
- Generate and implement efficient sourcing and category management strategies.
- Perform cost and scenario analysis, and benchmarking across the market and between other Sandvik product areas and business units.
- Identify new and/or alternate sources of supply.
- Negotiate best price, quality, service levels and delivery terms for purchased parts and materials.
- Rationalize and reduce the number of vendors and suppliers.
- Conduct regular supplier business reviews with strategic suppliers that include supplier performance reviews, technology roadmaps, business growth strategies and supply market changes.
- Identifying risks and applying risk mitigating techniques.
- Managing cross-functional teams between R&D and Supply Chain.
- Manage and coordinate activities in purchasing team.
- Review suppliers on a regular basis to ensure performance meets requirements. Develop plans to improve supplier’s performance when required and cooperate with sourcing team to develop supplier base.
- Develop forecasting and stocking requirements with external suppliers which will minimize the amount of NWC for the Alachua Site
- Responsible of raw material inventory level at Alachua
- Responsible for maintaining and updating buffer stock levels at supplier side
- Demonstrate respect and commitment to the IMS System (ISO 9001:2015, ISO 14001:2015 and ISO 45001:2018) taking accountability for its effectiveness and continual improvement.
You possess 3 years’ experience in purchasing activities in assembly process environment. Supervisory experience is seen for the benefit. Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management, logistics, or business administration.
Sandvik offers a comprehensive total compensation package including a competitive benefits package of health, dental and disability insurance, and a 401(k) retirement savings plan. In addition, we provide opportunities for professional competence development and training, as well as opportunities for career advancement.
How to apply
For immediate consideration, please apply online at www.sandvik.com/careers to the Sourcing Manager position, Job Req. ID # R0024681.
Sandvik is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Any applicant who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing an application or at any time during the application process should contact Human Resources at email@example.com. Sandvik also provides reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities consistent with its obligations under the law.
Deadline: Not set