- Deadline: Not set
- Country: United States of America
- Location: Smyrna, Georgia
- Job-ID: R0018691
- Job category: Sourcing
Sandvik Mining & Rock Technology in Smyrna, GA is looking for an
Sandvik Mining & Rock Technology, the leading global supplier of equipment and tools, service and technical solutions for the mining industry, currently has an opening for an Operational Buyer at the Smyrna, GA location.
The Operation Buyer is responsible for the day to day operational buying process /activities and monitoring supplier performance for their respective supplier base. The main performance measurements of this role focus on parts availability, working capital, delivery accuracy and lead time consistency.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Execute the operational buying process for supplier base (purchase order release, confirmation, fulfilment and administration)
- ERP parameter maintenance within given framework
- Respond to customer service requests according to expectations (expediting, item price and availability etc.)
- Price and lead time updates
- Handling of pre advices suppliers for deliveries
- Resolve inbound discrepancies (short shipments, wrong or damaged parts, inadequate paperwork etc.)
- Optimize the operational purchasing process and costs to ensure that the correct parts are delivered and available on time
- Tactical maintenance of inventory settings for items within supplier base
- Assist, execute, and support; working capital vs. availability optimization program and strategic stock management process
Supplier Relationship and Performance Management
- Create, maintain and develop supplier relationships via good communication and co-operation
- Responsible for monitoring and reporting supplier performance for their respective supplier base
- Escalate underperformance of a supplier to the category team lead and sourcing organization
- Ensure suppliers understand and meet the set inbound targets and initiate actions to be taken to bring supplier performance up to standard where necessary
- Special projects, analysis and other duties as assigned
Bachelor of Arts or Sciences degree required or equivalent related field of study. Post-secondary education/training in business or supply chain discipline would be an advantage. 6 years’ experience in Supply Chain environment required. Proficient in ERP System knowledge (Ex. S21 DI, Aurora, SAP, etc.); Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Word).
- Knowledge of Logistics and Supply Chain Management
- Understanding of purchasing, planning and inventory control
- Experience in supplier management
- Fluent in spoken and written English. Fluent in spoken or written Spanish would be an advantage
- Ability to travel regionally if required
- Strong Skillset: Evaluating problems, Investigating issues, Communicating information
- Ability to process details and follow procedures
We offer a competitive compensation package. Generous benefit package includes life, health, dental, PTO, holidays, and a 401(k)-retirement savings plan.
How to Apply
For immediate consideration, please apply online at http://www.sandvik.com/careers/ for the Operational Buyer position, Job Req. ID# R0018691.
Sandvik is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Any applicant who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing an application or at any time during the application process should contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. Sandvik also provides reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities consistent with its obligations under the law.
Deadline: Not set