Senior WMS Analyst
- Deadline: Not set
- Country: United States of America
- Location: Hebron, Kentucky
- Job-ID: R0014357
- Job category: Supply Chain & Logistics
Sandvik Machining Solutions in Hebron, KY is looking for a
Senior WMS Analyst
At Sandvik, we approach the world around us with an open mind. No matter position or mindset. That’s how we learn, adapt and change for the future. Put into practice it means that initiatives, innovation and continuous improvements are day-to-day realities. As well as challenging ourselves, and the current way we work.
Sandvik Machining Solutions is Sandvik's largest and most profitable business area, with more than 19,000 employees worldwide. We are the leading supplier in the global cutting tool industry and our brand portfolio holds some of the strongest brands in the market.
SMS Logistics ensures that any product, ordered anywhere in the world, arrives at our customers in time, in perfect condition, with the lowest possible impact on the environment and in compliance with all international laws and regulations – at the lowest possible cost for Sandvik.
At the Americas Distribution Center, Hebron KY, we distribute products within the Americas Region. We are now looking for a Senior WMS Analyst. This is a great opportunity if you are a detail-oriented team player, with JDA Warehouse Management Application experience and excited by the idea of working in a global and fast-paced business environment with diversified cultures.
As the Senior WMS Analyst, you will support the planning, design, maintenance and installation of the Warehouse Management System and the related distribution center applications, using sophisticated software tools, utilizing knowledge of application engineering and programming, as well as general knowledge of the SMS Logistics business processes and best practices. You will provide onsite technical support to end-users for the WMS applications by responding directly to user’s requests for support.
Additionally, the Senior WMS Analyst will:
- Analyze errors and/or development needs and make recommendations or specifications for improvements to prevent these errors in either internal or external systems
- Manage, maintain and continuously develop and improve the Warehouse Management system to support the SMS Logistics organization and business strategy
- Update and maintain documentation and work instructions for the Warehouse Management System
- Provide leadership, guidance and training as needed to facilitate identified process improvements, including but not limited to advanced data gathering and analysis, problem solving and project management
- Support the continued development of SMS Logistics Business Data Platform by making recommendations and providing technical & functional specifications to the development team based on the business requirements from SMS Logistics and its stakeholders
- Manage, maintain, and continuously develop and improve the distribution center applications infrastructure to support the current needs, as well as future demands of the SMS Logistics organization and business strategy
- Regular contact, collaboration and escalation with global Warehouse Management Application Management team as well as external suppliers/vendors as needed to support the SMS Logistics organization and business strategy
- Support ongoing activities for key projects within SMS Logistics by conducting tests, analyzing and correcting errors where applicable, reporting results back to various project teams
The Senior WMS Analyst will be expected to travel less than 25% of the time (international and domestic). This position reports directly to the DC IT Manager.
The Senior WMS Analyst must possess at least 3 years’ experience supporting a modern JDA Warehouse Management System installation, or equivalent relevant experience. You also must be proficient with Microsoft Windows Client Operating Systems (Win7, Win10), as well as Microsoft Office 365 Suite of applications.
Candidates should also:
- Possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or other related area(s)
- Have extensive experience with JDA Warehouse Management Applications and Architecture
- Have extensive experience writing and debugging JDA MOCA based queries and functions
- Have experience with Oracle RDBMS
- Possess excellent organization, communication and presentation skills
- Be flexible, self-motivated, proactive and results oriented
- Be fluent in English
Sandvik offers a comprehensive total compensation package including a robust benefits package of life, health, dental, and disability insurance, paid time off, paid holidays, and a 401(k)-retirement savings plan. In addition, we provide opportunities for professional development and training, as well as opportunities for career
How to apply
Interested in joining our team, for immediate consideration, please apply online at https://www.home.sandvik/en/careers/ to the Senior WMS Analyst position, Job Req. #R0014357. Check us out at www.sandvik.com .
Sandvik is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Any applicant who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing an application or at any time during the application process should contact Human Resources at email@example.com. Sandvik also provides reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities consistent with its obligations under the law. At Sandvik, we strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspective and background will lead to a better environment for our employees, our business and, thereby, our customers.