Workshop Technician- White Pine, TN
Are you a flexible, self-motivated workshop technician with a strongly collaborative nature and time leadership skills? If so – we look forward to receiving your application!
We are a global leading supplier in equipment and tools, parts, service and technical solutions for the mining and construction industries. Applications include rock drilling, rock cutting, loading and hauling, tunneling and quarrying.
Key performance areas
The applicant should be able to troubleshoot, repair, and maintain mechanical and/or electrical aspects of underground mining equipment and components at high profile mining sites. This will involve inspecting equipment for accurate performance and determining faults and malfunctions, rebuild components and systems according to factory specifications as well as, testing repaired equipment to ensure accurate operational performance. In this role, you will be encouraged to actively participate in continuous improvement initiatives and stay in sync with all SMR safety policies and applicable government, customer, or industry regulations or requirements. A key component of this role is developing sound relationships with the workshop team, as well as internal and external customers in order to ensure smooth operations and customer happiness.
Additionally, the applicant will:
- Follow scopes of work within time constraints to meet established delivery targets
- Adjust equipment and repair/replace defective parts components or systems according to scope
- Identify additional repairs, compiles parts and labor estimates and communicates to supervisor
- Complete accurate time records, technical reports, failure reports, and parts lists
- Stay current with industry, customer, product developments and technical standard methodologies
- Maintain hand tools and equipment to ensure safe operation
- Maintain orderly workshop and ensure housekeeping requirements are met
- Stay current and in compliance with all Sandvik, Customer, State, and Federal regulatory safety policies.
This position is located in the Elko, NV area.
- The successful candidate will possess a minimum of a high school diploma or equivalents, with a technical certification or diploma in mechanical or electrical fields and a 3-5 years of industry related experience
- Underground or surface mining equipment experience preferred with schematic experience
- Maintain a valid driver’s license in good standing
- Strong mechanical proficiency and work ethic
- Previous work experience should demonstrate the candidate is a standout colleague with excellent communication and active listening skills
- Forklift and overhead crane experience would be a significant plus
- Flexible and self-motivated, with a strive to achieve high-level customer happiness.
Skillsets preferred are:
- Excellent troubleshooting ability with diagnostic and problem solving skills
- Knowledge of hydraulics, pneumatics and electrical systems
- Ability to read blueprints and interpret equipment schematics
- Digital literacy
- Ability to facilitate technical training and impart detailed information
- Must conform to ISO Standards
Sandvik offers a phenomenal catalog of benefits and employee perks such as:
- Benefits eligibility that begin 30 days after start date
- Health care eligibility that includes, medical, dental, vision, prescription and telemedicine
- Paid vacation with up to 40 hours available to roll over in to the next year
- Toolkit valued at $1500 and a yearly $500 allowance
- A very strong 401(k) retirement savings plan. We contribute 5% annual salary to the Retirement Savings plan. We also match 50% of the first 6%.
- Tuition reimbursement
In addition to these outstanding benefits, Sandvik provides all Field Service Technicians with a company laptop and cell phone, Sandvik uniforms and company issued service truck (depending on location).
Sandvik provides opportunities for competence development and training, as well as, opportunities for career advancement. We believe diversity is meaningful for success and growth.
Deadline: Not set