Field Service Technician
Sandvik Mining is looking for a
Field Service Technician
If you are a self-starter with strong diagnostic skills and a congenial personality Sandvik Mining would like to speak with you!
Sandvik Mining is a business area within the Sandvik Group and a leading global supplier of OEM equipment, tools, service, and technical solutions for the mining industry. The OE product offering covers drilling, bolting, mechanical cutting, crushing, loading, hauling, and materials handling.
Key performance areas
As the Field Service Technician, you will be a front line company representative responsible for the troubleshooting, repair, and maintenance of pertinent product lines. You will have exposure to mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, diesel and electrical equipment, components, and systems. Your duties will also include machine audits, machine commissioning, facilitating internal and external training, and warranty investigation. This position will primary focus on the Sandvik underground mining product offerings.
Additionally, you will:
- Assess and communicate client needs.
- Complete accurate time records, technical reports, failure reports and parts lists.
- Actively participate in continuous improvement initiatives.
- Stay current with industry, customer, product developments and technical best practices.
- Build strong relations with internal and external customers to ensure smooth operations and customer satisfaction.
- Stay current and in compliance with all Sandvik, Customer, State, and Federal regulatory safety policies.
- Work with minimal supervision.
Location is flexible within the geographic business client area
- Must have 5 years industry related experience.
- Must have the ability to read and interpret electric/hydraulic/pneumatic schematics and technical literature.
- Must have excellent troubleshooting and diagnostic skills.
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Must possess extremely strong interpersonal skills with a customer service based personality.
- Must have diesel and drivetrain experience.
- Associates degree in technical field preferred but not required.
- Electrical/mechanical/diesel trade qualified required.
- Current MSHA part 48 certification highly desired but will provide for the right candidate.
Sandvik offers a comprehensive total compensation package including a competitive benefits package of health, dental and disability insurance, and a 401(k) retirement savings plan. In addition, we provide opportunities for professional competence development and training, as well as opportunities for career advancement.
How to apply
For immediate consideration, please apply online at www.sandvik.com/career to the Field Service Technician position, Job ID# R0054897
Deadline: Not set