Service Contract Technician - S3
Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions is a global leading supplier in equipment and tools, parts, service and technical solutions for the mining and construction industries. Applications include rock drilling, rock cutting, loading, and hauling, tunnelling and quarrying. The focus lies on bringing value to customers through high-performing products that increase productivity and safety as well as to provide services and flexible maintenance programs that extend uptime and cut costs.
Location: Mpumalanga and KZN
Provides technical support in Electrical and Mechanical Maintenance. Maintains and improves machines and equipment to increase or maintain a high level of reliability, availability, cost efficiency and performance and customer relations, and teamwork.
- Electrical Mechanical and Maintenance operations.
- Preventive maintenance, perform corrective actions, support planning and preparation, monitors outcome, documentation (outcome, root cause, time, improvements).
- Conduct Risk Assessments, Shift Reporting, and Incident Reporting.
- Work in accordance with standard operating procedures.
- Achievement of Key performance indicators.
- Follow quality and cleanliness standards.
- Communication of operational status and any deviations.
- Safety and housekeeping (5S) requirements. Comply with all Safe operation practices.
- Continuous improvements and development on a personal and operational level.
- Grade 12 / N3 Technical Qualification / Equivalent Qualification
- Section 13 Trade Certificate Millwright
- Basic Computer literacy, Microsoft excel, word, PowerPoint and outlook
- English proficiency
- Must have Flameproof
- Must have Gas Testing
- Relevant mining experience (5 years)
- Underground mining environment in the production section
- Will be required to work shifts and be away from home for the duration of the shift
- Need to be medically fit
- Will be required to work in a difficult mining environment
Relevant experience on MN220 and RSP unit will be an advantage
- Must have a valid Car Drivers license
- Must have own transport
How to apply
Please apply online through Workday (ESS) or access the Sandvik website www.home.sandvik/en/careers
We offer an interesting role in an international business environment as well as opportunities for professional development. At Sandvik, we believe that diversity of experience, perspective and background will lead to a better environment for our employees, our business and, thereby, our customers
Deadline: Jun 29