Red Seal Heavy Mechanic (Field Service Technician)
Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions is seeking a
Red Seal Heavy Duty Mechanic
At Sandvik, we offer you a world of opportunities. Our diverse businesses and global network enable you to explore your potential and thrive. We recognize your performance and offer various ways to fuel your growth towards exceptional achievements.
Are you a licensed Red Seal Heavy Duty Mechanic who is looking for a stable, permanent opportunity with a respected and growing company? We want to hear from you!
Some of the benefits of joining our Field Service team include:
- Company vehicle with gas card provided upon hire
- Ample opportunity for overtime that is paid as per provincial standards
- Tool reimbursement program
- A comprehensive compensation package including a pension plan with matching, competitive health, dental, life and disability benefits
- Paid training and development opportunities
- Support from an experienced network of technicians across the globe
At Sandvik, the Heavy Duty Mechanic is responsible for the troubleshooting, repair, and maintenance of mechanical and/or electrical aspects of surface mining equipment and components according to defined specifications. The Heavy Duty Mechanic is also responsible for new equipment commissioning and training at customer sites.
While searching for the best opportunity for yourself today, we are already thinking ahead of your future tomorrow. So now we challenge you to take it one step further and apply!
What you will be doing
- Inspecting equipment for proper performance and determines faults and malfunctions.
- Adjusting equipment & repairing/replacing defective parts, components, or systems according to the scope of work.
- Testing repaired equipment to ensure proper operational performance.
- Commissioning new equipment.
- Actively participates in continuous improvement initiatives.
- Completing accurate time records, technical reports, failure reports, and parts lists.
- Staying current with industry, customer, product developments and technical best practices.
- Other duties as assigned by the Manager.
Environmental Health and Safety
- Complies with Sandvik Mining and Rock Technology safety policies and applicable government, customer or industry regulations or requirements.
- Responsibility to identify and report any unsafe work habits, workplace incidents and / or near misses. Perform risk assessments (“Take Five”) prior to each task.
- Maintains hand tools and equipment to ensure safe operation.
- Maintains orderly work area and ensures housekeeping requirements are met.
- Attend Environmental, Health and Safety related trainings.
- Wear the required personal protective equipment (PPE) assigned for each task.
What you will bring along
- Red Seal certification
- At least 3 years related experience with mining equipment is considered an asset
- Previous experience with Sandvik equipment would be an asset.
- Excellent proficiency in reading hydraulic and electrical schematics.
- Demonstrated ability to diagnose, troubleshoot and repair electrical and mechanical issues with mining equipment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Computer literacy (MS Office).
- Valid driver’s license and willingness to travel to local mine sites and across Canada as required.
- Ability and willingness to work varied shifts (as required)
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada.
In return for your passion and drive we will offer you…
- The opportunity to make an impact on our business performance.
- The opportunity to be part of an ambitious team, in an industry leading business.
- The opportunity to reach your full potential.
- Ongoing development and training.
- An excellent comprehensive compensation package including a pension plan with matching, competitive health, dental, life and disability benefits.
Our core values are the soul of the company. They guide us in our actions and daily business decisions. We are a company with an open-minded culture that encourages employees to share ideas and work innovatively. We embrace diversity and inclusion and inspire everyone to bring their authentic selves to work everyday!
We take pride in our agile customer-focused decision making. We empower our employees, providing strong performance management and opportunities to grow your career.
Do you want to learn more?
To learn more about Sandvik, our people and products please visit our website: https://www.home.sandvik/en/about-us/
How to Apply
Qualified candidates can apply at www.sandvik.com/careers to the Red Seal Heavy Duty Mechanic R0054418. We thank all applicants. Only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are always available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Deadline: Jun 26