Technical Specialist- Underground Drills
Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions is seeking a
Technical Specialist – Underground Drills
Location: Greater Sudbury, ON
At Sandvik, we offer you a world of opportunities. Our diverse businesses and global network enable you to explore your potential and thrive. We recognize your performance and offer various ways to fuel your growth towards exceptional achievements.
Currently, we have an opening for a Technical Specialist – Underground Drills. The Technical Specialist is responsible for developing technical competencies and providing quality technical support for both internal personnel and Sandvik customers.
Do you have a strong technical background and excellent customer service skills? We want to hear from you!
While searching for the best opportunity for yourself today, we are already thinking ahead of your future tomorrow. So now we challenge you to take it one step further and apply!
What you will be doing
- Use deep knowledge of the tasks, tools, and procedures in providing technical support to the customers.
- Perform in-depth adjustments, troubleshooting and fine tuning of underground drilling equipment
- Root Cause Analysis/Trouble Shooting of electrical & control systems (Including 1st line support).
- Function as first line support for remote support issues & technical support in Sales Area.
- Collect technical feedback and provide feedback to Product Masters & Drills Division Product line.
- Ensure technical information and knowledge sharing between UG Drills Equipment division and Sales Area.
- Coach, Mentor, Trainer (incl. knowledge transfer between factory and Sales Area) to customers and front-line technicians.
- Run new product training/coaching course for colleagues.
- Source and join technical training courses and assessments of Divisions.
- Follow the necessary Take 5 and safety risk assessment procedures.
Environmental Health and Safety
- We are ethical and compliant, dedicated to health, safety, and sustainability. We put health and safety first!
What you will bring along
- A 2-year Technical Degree/Diploma in a mechanical discipline (ex: HD Equipment, Electrician).
- 5 years of Technical experience.
- Training in key aspects of technical and operator trades.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Excellent written and verbal skills including detailed site visit reports.
- Bilingual in both French and English is considered an asset.
- Ability to train and transfer knowledge to others.
- Flexible, self-motivated, and driven to achieve customer satisfaction, goals and targets.
- Strong investigation and diagnostic skills.
- Computer literacy.
- Knowledge of customer’s industry.
- Superior customer relations and active listening skills.
- Ability to travel is essential.
- Positive attitude.
In return for your passion and drive we will offer you…
- The opportunity to make an impact on our business performance.
- The opportunity to be part of an ambitious team, in an industry leading business.
- The opportunity to reach your full potential.
- Ongoing development and training.
- An excellent comprehensive compensation package including a pension plan with matching, competitive health, dental, life and disability benefits.
Our core values are the soul of the company. They guide us in our actions and daily business decisions. We are a company with an open-minded culture that encourages employees to share ideas and work innovatively. We embrace diversity and inclusion and inspire everyone to bring their authentic selves to work everyday!
We take pride in our agile customer-focused decision making. We empower our employees, providing strong performance management and opportunities to grow your career.
Do you want to learn more?
To learn more about Sandvik, our people and products please visit our website: https://www.home.sandvik/en/about-us/
How to Apply
Qualified candidates can apply at www.sandvik.com/careers to the Technical Specialist – Underground Drills, requisition R0054177. We thank all applicants. Only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are always available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Deadline: May 31