Business Support Specialist - US West
Sandvik Coromant is looking for a Business Support Specialist - US WEST
Location: Ideal location would be in or around Houston, DFW Area or close to any major airport
**Estimated travel is 10-20% depending on the business need**
SANDVIK COROMANT is the world’s leading supplier of tools, tooling solutions, and know-how to the manufacturing industry. Our customers, which include major manufacturers within aerospace, automotive, medical, energy and general engineering, rely on us to provide the highest level of knowledge, service and support to help them achieve their goals for productivity and profitability. With extensive investments in research and development, we bring game-changing technologies and solutions to a dynamic industry driven by a demand for constant innovation. We have 8,000 employees and are represented in 130 countries, uniquely positioning us to set the industry standard for high technology manufacturing now and for the future. Sandvik Coromant is part of the business area Sandvik Machining Solutions within the 150-year old global industrial group Sandvik. New opportunity awaits, as we enter the future of manufacturing. And we want you to be part of our journey!
Key Performance areas
Reporting to the Customer Value Manager and being part of the Customer Value Center team, the Business Support Specialist will be the liaison between Front-Line Sales (FLS), Sales Operations and Customers. The aim of the position consists of supporting the cluster sales force in customer related activities to secure sales growth and targets for our Company.
Business Support Activities:
- To conduct or coordinate operative tasks such as support Front-Line Sales (FLS) and customers on urgent price inquiries, shipping dates, anticipated delays, and any additional information required by the customer.
- To support the sales force gaining and keeping customers and growing our market share.
- To acts as a liaison between the FLS and the Sales Support Center to coordinate corrective actions partnering with Regional Sales Manager to secure a smooth management of customers in case of issues.
- To proceed and follow up on critical orders, proactive analyzing and reporting on stock management mapping trends, deviations, and suggested activities; following up quality complaints, expedite and escalate requests.
- To secure full operative coverage on urgent or critical cases & ensure they are handled or fixed on time, either in coordination with relevant Sales Support Center or actively managing top prioritized commercial cases and share root causes and best practices within Sales Operations to support organizational development.
- To manage customer accounts, follow up for operational support purposes, and providing troubleshooting assistance for orders, account statuses, and other critical issues.
- Manage commercial cases by serving as a referral contact, gaining market share, and promoting up/cross selling aligned with Account Development Strategy (ADS) and in line with Local Business Plan (LBP) and related KPIs.
- May perform other functions that may be assigned.
- Possess a proactive mindset to customer management and internal ways of working
- Can create positive and deep relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Has a consultancy approach to resolving issues, and action-oriented to complete tasks
- Demonstrates strong planning and organization skills with a project management mindset
- Is experienced in ERP and SAP systems, Microsoft 365 (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint), and CRM databases (Microsoft Dynamics)
- Has a focus on continuous improvement and delivering results
- Promotes an inclusive and open-minded atmosphere, and enjoys collaborating and exploring different perspectives
- Good written & verbal communication skills
- Having an existing metal cutting industry experience would be a plus!
- Is legally eligible to work in the USA
At Sandvik Coromant, we strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspective and background will lead to a better environment for our employees, our business, and our customers. We’re looking forward to talking to you about this exciting opportunity!
Sandvik offers a comprehensive total compensation package, including a competitive benefits package of health, dental and disability insurance, & a 401(k)-retirement savings plan. In addition, we provide opportunities for professional competence development and training, as well as opportunities for career advancement.
How to Apply
Interested in joining our team, please visit www.sandvik.com/careers to apply to the Business Support Specialist position, Job Requisition # R0052746.
Sandvik is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Any applicant who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing an application or at any time during the application process should contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. Sandvik also provides reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities consistent with its obligations under the law.
Deadline: Not set