Account Manager - Western CT/Albany, NY
Sandvik Coromant looking for an Account Manager (Western CT/Albany, NY)
Location: Ideal location of the applicant would be in & around Western Connecticut or Albany, NY, but not required.
Territory Covered: Western Connecticut + Greater Albany area + Hudson Valley, NY
SANDVIK COROMANT is the world’s leading supplier of tools, tooling solutions, and know-how to the manufacturing industry. Our customers, which include major manufacturers within aerospace, automotive, medical, energy and general engineering, rely on us to provide the highest level of knowledge, service and support to help them achieve their goals for productivity and profitability. With extensive investments in research and development, we bring game-changing technologies and solutions to a dynamic industry driven by a demand for constant innovation. We have 8,000 employees and are represented in 130 countries, uniquely positioning us to set the industry standard for high technology manufacturing now and for the future. Sandvik Coromant is part of the business area Sandvik Machining Solutions within the 150-year-old global industrial group Sandvik. New opportunity awaits, as we enter the future of manufacturing. And we want you to be part of our journey!
If you are customer-focused and have a passion for excellence, with a background in the tooling & machining industry, Sandvik Coromant wants to speak with you about this exciting Account Manager opportunity!
Key performance areas
The Account Manager will be providing ongoing support to our customer portfolio by consulting with customers to understand their needs and providing the ultimate customer experience by implementing the full Coromant offer. The Account Manager will be accountable for ensuring that the development strategy aligns with the local business plan and is strengthening our market share.
We expect that the Account Manager position will require 25% to 35% of travel. The amount of travel will vary depending on the business needs/ situation.
- Develop strategic sales and marketing plan that effectively covers current and prospective accounts in region while meeting or exceeding goals and growth objectives.
- Grow the business by executing sales and marketing plan in collaboration with channel partners, product managers, engineering, and application specialists.
- Establish, develop, and maintain positive and responsive business relationships with customers and distributors that fosters collaboration and trust.
- Be the expert on the end-users, how they buy and their buying criteria; how they compete, how they partner and their overall goals and objectives.
- Ensure maximum account penetration of team for optimal customer relationship and growth opportunities.
- Leverage business analytic systems such as PowerBi and Dynamics to analyze account performance and develop growth strategies.
- Lead the utilization of technical resources to achieve best possible account profitability and to provide value added services to accounts.
- Prepare monthly forecast by accurately managing opportunity lifecycle, anticipated revenue, and probabilities in Dynamics CRM.
- Evaluates the competitive landscape and recommend positioning strategies in conjunction with application specialists and product management.
Other key responsibilities
- Ensures high quality and latest updates of data and information on all sales activities in CRM (Dynamics) within assigned customer portfolio.
- Follows Internal Rules Regulations, in due time provides and correctly processes internal documents determined by the company.
- Constantly improves knowledge of the Sandvik Coromant Offer and quality of production, new tools and technologies.
- Constantly increases the level of the professional development through the training arranged by the company, and independently.
- Carries out other requests of the company management concerning activity of the company.
- Five or more years’ experience in sales or marketing, engineering cutting tools skills and knowledge a plus.
- Proven track record in delivering good business results.
- Successful experience from negotiations of commercial terms and conditions with industrial customers.
- Relevant experience from Account Management or Sales Management.
- Project management knowledge and experience is a plus.
- Knowledge and experience managing external and internal customer relationships.
- People management experience is an advantage.
- Must possess a current driver’s license valid for his/her state of primary residence.
- Applicant must be a US Citizen or Permanent Card holder.
Other required competencies.
- Experience with budgeting, financial analysis, and cost control practices.
- Effectively manage customer requests and business issues within a global organization.
- Superior communication, collaboration, negotiation skills, and ability to achieve buy-in.
- Ability to develop genuine and authentic relationships at all levels within end-users, channel partners, and our organization.
- Selling higher and ability to drive strategic initiatives (Top/Down - Bottom/Up).
- Ability to apply digital tools of Office 365 in daily work.
- Highly motived to continuously learn about selling.
- Focus on end-user, their wants and needs, their goals and objectives, how they buy and how they establish industry leading partnerships.
Sandvik offers a comprehensive total compensation package including a competitive benefits package of health, dental and disability insurance, and a 401(k)-retirement savings plan. In addition, we provide opportunities for professional competence development and training, as well as opportunities for career advancement.
How to Apply
For immediate consideration, please visit www.sandvik.com/careers to apply for the Job Req: R0051845 Account Manager position. We look forward to receiving your application.
Sandvik Coromant is a part of global industrial engineering group Sandvik and is at the forefront of developing manufacturing tools and machining solutions, with knowledge that drives the industry standards and innovations demanded by the metalworking industry now and in the next industrial era. Collaborations with educational institutions, extensive investment in research and development and strong partnerships with customers support the development of advanced machining technologies and systems that will change, lead and drive the future of manufacturing. Sandvik Coromant owns over 3100 patents worldwide, employs over 8,000 staff, and is represented in 130 countries.
Sandvik Coromant is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Any applicant who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing an application or at any time during the application process should contact Human Resources at HRsupport.US@sandvik.com. Sandvik also provides reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities consistent with its obligations under the law.
Deadline: Not set