Field Service Team Lead
Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions is seeking a
Western Field Service Team Lead
At Sandvik, we offer you a world of opportunities. Our diverse businesses and global network enable you to explore your potential and thrive. We recognize your performance and offer various ways to fuel your growth towards exceptional achievements.
Are you a licensed Red Seal Heavy Duty Mechanic who is looking for a stable, permanent opportunity with a respected and growing company? We want to hear from you!
Some of the benefits of joining our Field Service team include:
- Monday to Friday rotation (working from home or local workshop) with paid travel days
- Ample opportunity for overtime that is paid as per provincial standards
- Tool reimbursement program
- A comprehensive compensation package including a pension plan with matching, competitive health, dental, life and disability benefits
- Paid training and development opportunities
While searching for the best opportunity for yourself today, we are already thinking ahead of your future tomorrow. So now we challenge you to take it one step further and apply!
What you will be doing
- Use deep knowledge of the tasks, tools, and procedures in providing technical support to the Service Technicians in the field as well as customers.
- Coaching on Maintenance and fine tuning of systems for customer equipment
- Commissioning new products.
- Root Cause Analysis/Trouble Shooting (Including 1st line support).
- Function as first line support for helpdesk issues & technical support in Western Canada.
- Collect technical feedback and provide feedback to Product Masters/EQ Division Product line.
- Ensure technical information and knowledge sharing between Equipment division and Sales Area together/aligned with Product Masters.
- Organize corrective action campaigns and follow up the completion in Sales Area.
- Coach, Mentor, Trainer (incl. knowledge transfer between factory and Sales Area).
- Run new product training/coaching course for colleagues.
- Source and join technical training courses and assessments of Divisions.
- Follow the necessary Take 5 and risk assessment procedures.
Environmental Health and Safety
- Complies with Sandvik Mining and Rock Technology safety policies and applicable government, customer or industry regulations or requirements.
- Responsibility to identify and report any unsafe work habits, workplace incidents and / or near misses. Perform risk assessments (“Take Five”) prior to each task.
- Maintains hand tools and equipment to ensure safe operation.
- Maintains orderly work area and ensures housekeeping requirements are met.
- Attend Environmental, Health and Safety related trainings.
- Wear the required personal protective equipment (PPE) assigned for each task.
What you will bring along
- Technical (Mechanical/Electrical) diploma is required
- Red Seal Heavy Equipment Mechanic certification
- Minimum of 5 years related experience with industry specific equipment
- Previous experience with Sandvik equipment will be considered an asset
- Ability to read/comprehend related schematics
- Ability to work as part of an integrated, broad team
- A commitment and enthusiasm for safe work practices
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Track record of working collaboratively with others and taking initiative to make decisions independently when required
- Ability to develop knowledge of customer business processes in relation to product rebuild
- Highly developed time management and organizational skills
- Computer literacy (MS Office, Outlook)
In return for your passion and drive we will offer you…
- The opportunity to make an impact on our business performance.
- The opportunity to be part of an ambitious team, in an industry leading business.
- The opportunity to reach your full potential.
- Ongoing development and training.
- An excellent comprehensive compensation package including a pension plan with matching, competitive health, dental, life and disability benefits.
Our core values are the soul of the company. They guide us in our actions and daily business decisions. We are a company with an open-minded culture that encourages employees to share ideas and work innovatively. We embrace diversity and inclusion and inspire everyone to bring their authentic selves to work everyday!
We take pride in our agile customer-focused decision making. We empower our employees, providing strong performance management and opportunities to grow your career.
Do you want to learn more?
To learn more about Sandvik, our people and products please visit our website: https://www.home.sandvik/en/about-us/
How to Apply
Qualified candidates can apply at www.sandvik.com/careers to Field Service Team Lead, requisition REQ #R0049395. We thank all applicants. Only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are always available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Deadline: Feb 20