Field Service Technician- Montana
As the Field Service Technician, you will troubleshoot, repair, and maintain mechanical and or electrical aspects of underground mining equipment and components at high profile mining sites. The Field Service Technician is also responsible for new equipment commissioning and training at customer sites with minimal supervision. This role will largely cover the Nevada market but will also be required to travel to work locations across the USA.
Additionally, the Field Service Technician will:
- Inspect equipment for proper performance and determines faults and malfunctions
- Adjust equipment and repair/replace defective parts components or systems according to scopes of work
- Tests repaired equipment to ensure proper operational performance
- Complete accurate time records, technical reports, failure reports, and parts lists
- Actively participate in continuous improvement initiatives
- Stay current with the industry, customer, product developments and technical best practices Customer Service
- Build strong relationships with internal and external customers to ensure smooth operations and customer satisfaction
- Stay current and in compliance with all Sandvik, Customer, State, and Federal regulatory safety policies.
- Ensure customer satisfaction within the area of primary responsibility
The Field Service Technician will spend a good portion of their time working underground, so candidates must be comfortable with these conditions. As this role requires approximately 50% travel, you will be provided with a company vehicle.
This position is located in the Big Timber, Montana Area
You possess a technical certification or diploma in mechanical or electrical fields and a minimum of 7 years industry related experience. Diesel and high voltage electrical experience would be an advantage. You are a team player with excellent communication and active listening skills and the ability to maintain strong customer relations with internal and external customers. You are flexible and self-motivated, with a drive to achieve customer satisfaction.
The Field Service Technician will also possess:
- A safety champion capable of working alone and stopping work, if required
- Excellent troubleshooting ability with strong diagnostic and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of hydraulics, pneumatics and electrical systems
- Ability to read blueprints and interpret equipment schematics
- Must conform to ISO Standards
Deadline: Not set