Service and Operations Manager
Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions
Service and Operations Manager - Heatherbrae
Our Company and Culture
Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions is a business area within the Sandvik Group and a global leading supplier of equipment and tools, parts, service and technical solutions for the mining and construction industries. The Sandvik Group has approximately 44,000 employees in more than 150 countries.
We conduct business in a sustainable and responsible manner. To achieve this, we always act in line with our high ethical standards, putting safety first and always showing consideration for the environment and the communities in which we operate. The safety and well-being of our employees and the environment are our core values. Finally, we care about others and build relationships based on honesty, respect, and trust.
At Sandvik, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, and we encourage applications from women and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
The Service and Operations Manager role is to lead and drive the sustainable business performance of the Service and Operations. As a senior member of the Mechanical Cutting business, the role is accountable for the safety, leadership, and overall management of the Service Operation of workshop and field service, and Technical Support teams.
This role is a full-time requirement, however Sandvik recognises the desire for flexible working options. Flexible employment arrangements include condensed working weeks, working from home, flexible start/finish times, etc.
Areas of responsibility
· Leadership of Service Operations of workshop and field service and Technical Support
· Responsible for overall job management including meeting delivery, cost, and quality
· Ensure that all employees are provided with a safe and healthy working environment. This includes compliance with Sandvik’s safety management program
· Ensure that Workshops are managed and measured as a “One Sandvik” service centre
· Strategic planning and execution activities for Australia (Aftermarket focus)
· Ownership and responsibility for the installed MECU fleet based in Australia
· Participate in customer feedback processes
· Grow the Aftermarket business in Mechanical Cutting
· Lead continuous improvement in the Aftermarket Business
· Preparation of Workshop and contract site budgets, working with Sales Managers to develop Strategic Business growth plans
· Develop monthly reporting analysis
· Ensure the overall technical competence of the Mechanical Cutting Aftermarket team to meet internal and customer requirements
· Assist team members to resolve technical problems with the Product Units
You have at least 5 years' experience in the management and leadership of a large team in a customer service centre, production unit or a key customer facing unit within the mining services industry. As well as experience in project management, aftermarket sales management and most importantly, strong technical knowledge of Mechanical Cutting equipment is required.
It is essential that the successful candidate can demonstrate an active and strong focus on EHS in their work. An essential requirement of the role is having a focus on and understanding of key financial measures, and general commercial and contract review acumen.
Tertiary qualification in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering would be highly desirable.
You will have a general commercial and contract review acumen with highly developed interpersonal skills including the ability to negotiate at a senior level.
Agencies need not apply.
You must have the right to live and work in Australia to apply for this job.
What we offer
· A rewarding career with diverse opportunities
· Flexibility to work from home
· An Employee Benefits Program including salary sacrifice options
· 13% Superannuation on top of all earnings
· Company Performance Bonus scheme
· Length of Service Recognition program
· Company funded paid parental leave
· Training and development opportunities
Sandvik is proud to be a Work180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and benefits on the Work180 website.
Talent Acquisition Specialist
0428 083 935
Deadline: January 4, 2023