Field Service Technician
Sandvik Mining & Rock Technology is looking for a
Field Service Technician
If you have a strong mechanical or electrical background and strong diagnostic skills, Sandvik Mining & Rock Technology welcomes you to consider this fantastic Field Service Technician opportunity!
Sandvik Mining and Rock Technology is a business area within the Sandvik Group and a leading global supplier of equipment and tools, service and technical solutions for the mining industry. The offering covers rock drilling, rock cutting, rock crushing, loading and hauling and materials handling.
Key performance areas
As the Field Service Technician, you will troubleshoot, repair, and maintain mechanical and or electrical aspects of underground mining equipment and components at high profile mining sites. The Field Service Technician is also responsible for new equipment commissioning and training at customer sites with minimal supervision. This role will largely cover the Nevada market but will also be required to travel to work locations across the USA.
Additionally, the Field Service Technician will:
- Inspect equipment for proper performance and determines faults and malfunctions
- Adjust equipment and repair/replace defective parts components or systems according to scopes of work
- Tests repaired equipment to ensure proper operational performance
- Complete accurate time records, technical reports, failure reports, and parts lists
- Actively participate in continuous improvement initiatives
- Stay current with industry, customer, product developments and technical best practices Customer Service
- Build strong relationships with internal and external customers to ensure smooth operations and customer satisfaction
- Stay current and in compliance with all Sandvik, Customer, State, and Federal regulatory safety policies.
- Ensure customer satisfaction within area of primary responsibility
The Field Service Technician will spend a good portion of their time working underground, so candidates must be comfortable with these conditions. As this role requires approximately 50% travel, you will be provided with a company vehicle.
You possess a technical certification or diploma in mechanical or electrical fields and a minimum of 7 years industry related experience. Diesel and high voltage electrical experience would be an advantage. You are a team player with excellent communication and active listening skills and the ability to maintain strong customer relations with internal and external customers. You are flexible and self-motivated, with a drive to achieve customer satisfaction
The Field Service Technician will also possess:
- A safety champion capable of working alone and stopping work, if required
- Excellent troubleshooting ability with strong diagnostic and problem solving skills
- Knowledge of hydraulics, pneumatics and electrical systems
- Ability to read blueprints and interpret equipment schematics
- Must conform to ISO Standards
Sandvik offers a comprehensive total compensation package, including a competitive benefits package of health, dental and disability insurance, and a 401(k) retirement savings plan. In addition, we provide opportunities for professional competence development and training, as well as opportunities for career advancement.
How to apply
For immediate consideration, please apply online at www.home.sandvik/careers to the Field Service Technician position, JO #R0048584
Sandvik is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Any applicant who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing an application or at any time during the application process should contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. Sandvik also provides reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities consistent with its obligations under the law.
Deadline: Not set