Sandvik Coromant is looking for an Account Manager
Location: Phoenix AZ
If you are customer-focused and have a passion for excellence, with a background in the tooling & machining industry, Sandvik Coromant wants to speak with you about this exciting Account Manager opportunity!
SANDVIK COROMANT is the world’s leading supplier of tools, tooling solutions, and know-how to the manufacturing industry. Our customers, which include major manufacturers within aerospace, automotive, medical, energy and general engineering, rely on us to provide the highest level of knowledge, service and support to help them achieve their goals for productivity and profitability. With extensive investments in research and development, we bring game-changing technologies and solutions to a dynamic industry driven by a demand for constant innovation. We have 8,000 employees and are represented in 130 countries, uniquely positioning us to set the industry standard for high technology manufacturing now and for the future. Sandvik Coromant is part of the business area Sandvik Machining Solutions within the 150-year old global industrial group Sandvik. New opportunity awaits, as we enter the future of manufacturing. And we want you to be part of our journey!
Key performance areas
The Account Manager will be providing ongoing support to our customer portfolio by consulting with customers to understand their needs and providing the ultimate customer experience by implementing the full Coromant offer. The Account Manager will be accountable for ensuring that the development strategy aligns with the local business plan and is strengthening our market share.
- Ensures appropriate development strategy is defined for the assigned customer portfolio
- Support Sales Management in providing accurate forecasts, budgets and targets
- Cultivates strong customer relationships securing their commitment
- Provides the full Coromant offer by coordinating Specialist support, technical sales team members or external partners as required
- Provides customer with CVF within the assigned customer portfolio to highlight value added
- Consistently reviews results and proactively develops corrective actions to secure delivery of the LBP
- Maintains existing market shares and hunts for new opportunities within their customer portfolio
- Provides accurate and timely market information regarding customers and competitors
Way of Working
- You will engage appropriate internal stakeholder teams to offer total solutions that fit customer needs both now and forward.
- Secure project work for customers and engage company resources into a project team.
- You possess basic product and services knowledge and build thorough knowledge of customer business.
- Ensure pre-meeting plans and preparations before each customer visit to secure efficient negotiation results.
- Ensure global and local pricing strategies are executed within all sales activities. Serves as a liaison between customers and company departments.
- Promotes the competitive advantage of Sandvik Coromant products and advanced solutions, highlighting differentiating advantages of Sandvik Coromant Total Value Chain Offer. Accountable to maintain customer commitments for long-term strategic partnership. All activities are executed in accordance with the requirements of Quality Management System and Sales & Marketing Playbook.
- You take responsibility and control for the high-quality performance of the job duties.
Other key responsibilities
- Ensures high quality and latest updates of data and information on all sales activities in CRM (Dynamics) within assigned customer portfolio.
- Follows Internal Rules Regulations, in due time provides and correctly processes internal documents determined by the company.
- Constantly improves knowledge of the Sandvik Coromant Offer and quality of production, new tools and technologies.
- Constantly increases the level of the professional development through the training arranged by the company, and also independently.
- Carries out other requests of the company management concerning activity of the company.
- Five or more years’ experience in sales and marketing management with engineering cutting tools skills and knowledge.
- Degree or equivalent qualification in mechanical/manufacturing engineering or economics or a related field.
- Proven track record in delivering good business results.
- Project management knowledge and experience is a must.
- Successful experience from negotiations of commercial terms and conditions with industrial customers.
- Knowledge and experience in managing external and internal customer relationships.
- People management experience is an advantage.
- Must possess a current driver’s license valid for his/her state of primary residence.
Other required competencies:
- Proactively driving sales and other business activities with industrial customers
- Effectively manage customer requests and business issues within a complex and global matrix organization, capable of leveraging resources
- Ability to build customer relationships and secure customer service excellence through customers` pain points knowledge
- Selling higher, taking cultural (regional) aspects into considerations and being able to successfully sell our total offer to different stakeholders(top-down)
- Ability to present and hold negotiations of commercial terms and conditions
- Ability to set up and communicate business targets and plans
- Must be able to perform mathematical calculations applicable to product applications and sales statistics; analyze and balance main KPIs
- Ability to apply digital tools of Office 365 in daily work
- Strong execution capabilities, able to create synergy, collaborate and gain commitment
- Skilled communicator and presenter in the English language, both verbally and in writing
- All Account Manager positions will have an estimated overnight travel of 10%, which will vary depending on the business needs/ situation.
Sandvik offers a comprehensive total compensation package including a competitive benefits package of health, dental and disability insurance, and a 401(k)-retirement savings plan. In addition, we provide opportunities for professional competence development and training, as well as opportunities for career advancement.
How to Apply
For immediate consideration, please visit www.sandvik.com/careers to apply for the Account Manager, Southeast MI position Job #R0039025. We look forward to receiving your application.
Sandvik Coromant is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Any applicant who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing an application or at any time during the application process should contact Human Resources at email@example.com. Sandvik also provides reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities consistent with its obligations under the law.
Deadline: Not set