Product Sales Specialist
Sandvik Mining & Rock Solutions is looking for a Product Sales Specialist to join their Rotary Drills Division in Alachua, FL.
Sandvik is a global engineering company with over 37,000 team members worldwide. Our division headquarters in sunny Alachua, FL is where we design and manufacture world class rotary drill machines for the global surface mining industry. We offer customer focused mining solutions centered on our own employees’ passion to win while maintaining a fun and rewarding work atmosphere.
At Sandvik, we’re technology driven, innovative, entrepreneurial, and inclusive! Our workplace is full of dedicated and passionate team members who directly contribute to our company’s growth and success. We believe that diversity inspires, so we invest in supporting each other, learning together, and celebrating our differences. And it’s our commitments to Safety, Quality and our People in what sets us apart here in Alachua.
The Product Sales Specialist is responsible for checking product configurations and prices on customer sales orders and aligning with Supply Operations on order planning and deliveries. You will acknowledge receipt of customer sales orders and communicate to Sales Areas and customers our product delivery times.
Additionally, the Product Sales Specialist will:
- Monitor orders and informs sales areas of changes in delivery schedule
- Participates in order-based engineering (OBE) and S&OP meetings
- Works with Engineering and Supply to ensure proper resource planning and delivery commitments for OBE orders or first-time rig configurations are made accordingly
- Support regional business managers as back up to answer sales area request and inquires
- Proactively work with regional business managers and sales areas to minimize sales order changes, and, if necessary, prices sales order changes
To be successful in this role you’ll need:
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline or equivalent experience along with 3+ years in a manufacturing environment
- Rotary Drilling rigs or mobile capital equipment product knowledge and understanding of customer expectations is a plus.
- Business acumen and quick to learn product offerings and their configurations
- Strong interpersonal skills and high level of professionalism and integrity.
- Knowledge and understanding of manufacturing life cycle processes
- Strong time management and communications skills along with great attention to detail.
- Customer focused
- Team player
Here’s what we offer in return:
- Health - After 30 days you’re eligible for our Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance with Flexible Spending. There’s company paid short term disability insurance and Group Life Insurance.
- Future Savings - We help you save for retirement in offering a generous 401(k) plan with auto/matching your contribution up to 8%.
- Rest & Relaxation - We provide up to 2 weeks Paid Time Off your first year of employment along with 11 Company paid holidays. After 1 year of service, you’re awarded 3 Weeks of Vacation. Woohoo!
- And if you’re feeling under the weather – we have up to 6 sick days a year too for you to get well.
Career & Other Perks
- Career Path - Your success and career at Sandvik is very important to us and we support your professional development by offering online and classroom trainings through our onsite Sandvik Training Academy and offer a College Tuition Reimbursement Program for those wanting to finish a degree or pursue certifications
- Promoting the Sandvik Spirit - Community is important to us and we do our best to support and give back to the community and local charities which employees can participate with our Community Service Days
- Let’s be healthy together - you receive an annual Wellness, Diet and Gym Stipend
- Fun in the workplace - We have Employee Resource Groups and an Employee Activity Committee that promotes at least one event every quarter
- Unlimited Employee Discounts – Part of a global organization there are many employee savings available from purchasing a car, buying a cellphone, or taking the much-needed vacation. These discount programs are from the major automobile manufacturers and famous retail brands, theme parks, etc.
Come Join our Sandvik Family!
How to apply
For immediate consideration, please apply online at www.sandvik.com/careers to the Product Sales Specialist position, Job Req. ID #R0047642.
Sandvik is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Any applicant who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing an application or at any time during the application process should contact Human Resources at HRsupport.US@sandvik.com. Sandvik also provides reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities consistent with its obligations under the law.
Deadline: Not set