Territory Sales Professional - Cutting Tools in Ann Arbor, MI
Seco Tools is seeking an experienced Regional / Territory Sales Professional for the position of Technical Sales Engineer for the Ann Arbor, MI territory representing Seco Tools’ comprehensive metal cutting solutions for milling, stationary tools, hole making and tooling systems to a diverse mix of customers in automotive, aerospace, power generation, oil & gas, medical, mold & die, construction and agriculture industries.
Who We Are & What We Do
We are a people company in the machining business. For over 80 years, we have been more than just a cutting tool provider. Our tools help build planes, trains, automobiles, and everything else around us. Your phone case? The molds are cut and built by our tools. The lenses in the glasses you wear? Cut by Seco's products. The Chicago Bean in Millennium Park was created by our tools. It's our business, we're good at it, and proud of it! We make a difference in people's lives, and we want you to be a difference maker too.
Duties & Responsibilities
This is a regional sales role requiring 5-7 years of experience in a technical, consultative, or solution focused sales role. You will work independently out of your home office while traveling 50-60% in your designated region to support the territory requirements. These will focus on engaging, qualifying, developing, supporting, and securing business with new and existing customers through distribution and channel partners.
This role requires territory sales skills and experience with a strong technical aptitude in a manufacturing environment where product application solutions are required in a distributor and end user environment. Strong skills in qualifying, demonstrating and influencing customers are crucial for success.
This Territory Sales role requires strong focus on the following:
- 60% - End User Account Management & New Business Development– Developing new end user customers while growing and mining existing customer accounts to assure customer retention and development of new business opportunities for increased product sales.
- 25% -– Distributor Channel Partner Account Management & New Business Development - Optimizing sales with distribution channel partners through joint calls, end user leads, and technical product support.
- 15% - Administration – Territory planning, sales administrative activities and reporting.
- Prior industry-related sales experience in cutting tools, metal cutting, or technical product sales.
- Virtual sales experience.
- CRM experience.
- Account management experience.
Compensation & Benefits
- Strong base salary and performance-based incentive model.
- All things insurance, disability, etc.
- 401k savings plan with auto/matching contribution up to 8%
- 11 Paid holidays in addition to your regular PTO.
- Paid volunteer time – what’s meaningful to you is meaningful to us.
- Tuition reimbursement – almost 4 times what most companies reimburse!
- Employee referral program – $2,000 per referral. If we recruit the best, they’ll bring in the best!
- IncentFit – get financially rewarded for being healthy and active.
- Company car, computer, iPad, and phone with a stipend for internet.
Seco Tools, a subsidy of Sandvik is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Any applicant who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing an application or at any time during the application process should contact Human Resources at email@example.com. Sandvik also provides reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities consistent with its obligations under the law.
Deadline: Not set