Field Service Technician - S3 (Buckets, Eclipse Fire Suppression and Shark GET)
Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions is a global leader in the supply of equipment, tools, services, support, and technical solutions for the mining and construction industry. We offer a diverse range of opportunities through our businesses and cross-border networks, enabling you to explore your potential and thrive.
Technical partner to Sandvik customers of Buckets, Shark GET, and Eclipse Fire Suppression systems, guiding the customer in the technical aspects of achieving the best product performance and adequately forecasting for maintenance and parts needs.
Responsible for installations, standard maintenance, faultfinding, repairing, inspecting, and commissioning service projects for Eclipse Fire Suppression Systems, taking customer and Sandvik framework and requirements into account.
Customer focused in approach to execution, works unsupervised in workshop and/or at the customer site.
- Maintenance and Servicing of Equipment.
- Plan for correct tools and parts required to perform tasks, according to all work procedures.
- Commissioning of products that include pre-delivery inspections and hot (operational and at customer site) commissioning.
- Conduct root cause analysis (RCA) to identify and solve common problems, as a first-line support.
- Identify components, understand functionality, and conduct maintenance and repair work accordingly. This includes the provision of preventive and cost-efficient repairs.
- Support the customer’s equipment/processes through effective audits and quality feedback.
- Provide relevant feedback to enable maintenance planning improvements in terms of efficiency and equipment integrity.
- Uses knowledge and experience to solve problems for customers.
- Understands system functionality and interactions of hydraulics/mechanics/electrics/automation/pneumatics/materials.
- Complete maintenance reports for internal and external stakeholders e.g., report and document on maintenance and/or repairs completed. Obtain customer authorization to invoice.
- Assign simple tasks to junior staff and guide them in their completion.
- Coach customer technicians on basic servicing and maintenance principles.
- Ensure that all routine work procedures (using the tools provided), are carried out according to safety standards.
- Ensure adherence to Mines Regulation for all work performed.
- Compliance to administrative requirements of the role, such as completion on time sheets and customer visit reports.
- Coaching with PSSR’s to create an understanding of the various offerings; Buckets, Shark GET, and Eclipse Fire Suppression.
- Work with customer to understand their operational requirements and generate reliable forecasts, ensuring sufficient stock is available to meet customer demand.
- Tracking and reporting on stock levels for all parts required for Buckets, Shark GET, and Eclipse Fire Suppression.
Grade 12 / N3 Technical Qualification / Equivalent Qualification
Advanced computer literacy
- English proficiency
- Underground/surface mining environment
Maintenance of earthmoving equipment in mining/ Underground experience
Mechanical, electrical, or electronic equipment maintenance competence.
Capable of attaining a ‘Gold Unrestricted’ accreditation for Eclipse Fire Suppression systems.
How to apply
Please apply online through Workday (ESS) or access the Sandvik website www.home.sandvik/en/careers
If you have any further queries, please contact us on 0800 331 331
Applications close: 05 October 2022
Please note that, should you not receive any response from us within 14 days, your application has been unsuccessful; we however thank you for your interest in our company. In Line with our EE Plan, HDSA (Historically disadvantaged South African) candidates will be given first preference.
Please note that you must be physically and medically fit to work in a mining environment including meeting all customer vaccination requirements. Attach vaccination certificate to application.
We offer an interesting role in an international business environment as well as opportunities for professional development. At Sandvik, we believe that diversity of experience, perspective
Deadline: Oct 5