Remote Monitoring Analyst
Sandvik Mining & Rock Solutions in Elko, NV is looking for a
Remote Monitoring Analyst
Are you a driven professional with a continuous desire to learn and grow? You are a team player, live and promote a culture of safety, and you thrive under pressure. Come explore Remote Monitoring Analyst with Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions!
Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions is a business area within the Sandvik Group and a leading global supplier of equipment, tools, service, and technical solutions for the mining industry. The product offering covers rock drilling, rock cutting, rock crushing, loading and hauling and materials handling.
Key performance areas
- This role has responsibility for measuring equipment reliability and Remote, as well as, making recommendations to improve performance of customers equipment based on various digital tools. Remote monitoring provides support remotely to: bad actor identification, RCM analyses, FMEA analyses, identification of critical items, and direct predictive maintenance routines in support of the equipment reliability and production availability.
- The role will provide and gather information from local reliability engineers and help them to be successful with new digital tools and ways of working. This role is established to model and visualize telemetry data and maintenance data. They will provide analytical input and help build robust RCA reports to improve the performance of equipment based on the insights of data.
- They will work closely with Global Productivity Center to build insights and improve algorithms to predict failures with the domain knowledge and insights from reliability engineers at customer sites. They will also participate in various digitalization projects to provide practical inputs in the design phase of service applications.
Additionally, the applicant will:
- Perform remote monitoring of customers fleet in terms of telemetry, maintenance, logistics data to ensure the efficient performance of the fleet. Provide engineering, human-reliability factors, process and systemic solutions to sophisticated reliability & asset availability challenges.
- Offer valuable input to technical leadership at all levels of the mines with special emphasis on interacting with Operations and Maintenance crews. Statistically analyze equipment/asset performance to assess functional system reliability, asset availability, equipment maintainability, process safety & environment
- Translate reliability opportunities into bottom-line cost savings & top-line growth, i.e. implement reliability improvement programs/processes and high-impact projects to deliver bottom-line cost reductions. Promote technical, systemic, human/behavioral reliability improvement factors across sites. Support the continued development and administration of analytical platforms and applications crafted to improve reliability centered data reporting, analysis, and decision layer visualization and reports
Education and Experience
- You possess a degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or Control Systems.
- Proficiency with Machine Telemetry.
- Knowledge of machine operations and performance in a mining environment.
- Solid understanding of reading and interpreting mechanical, hydraulic and electrical schematics.
- Sophisticated knowledge on the applicability of different data analytics methodologies.
- Proficiency with integrating analyses from legacy data sources and building data quality measures.
- Experience with interpreting results from sophisticated technical analysis and present results in a form that is understood and concrete by operations, product or marketing collaborators.
- Ability to work in a collaborative space
- Experience in mining equipment maintenance and applications, strong electrical skills.
- Data visualization tools proficiency.
- Solid understanding of Mining Operations & Processes (desired)
- Basic understanding of data science tools.
- Digital literacy
- Flexible, self-motivated with shown initiative
- Knowledge of customer’s industry
- Outstanding customer relations and active listening skills
Sandvik offers an outstanding catalog of benefits and employee perks such as:
- Benefits eligibility that begin 30 days after start date
- Health care eligibility that includes, medical, dental, vision, prescription and telemedicine
- Paid vacation with up to 40 hours available to roll over in to the next year
- A very strong 401(k). We contribute 5% annual salary to the Retirement Savings plan. We also match 50% of the first 6%!
- Tuition reimbursement!
In addition to these outstanding benefits, Sandvik provides a company laptop and cell phone.
Sandvik provides opportunities for competence development and training, as well as, opportunities for career advancement. We believe diversity is meaningful for success and growth.
How to Apply
For consideration, please apply https://www.home.sandvik/en/careers/ for the Remote Monitoring Analyst position, Job Req. ID# R0039690.
Sandvik is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Any applicant who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing an application or at any time during the application process should contact Human Resources at email@example.com. Sandvik also provides reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities consistent with its obligations under the law.
Deadline: Not set