Product Master - BEV Load & Haul
- Responsible for complex assignments, demonstrating leadership as the subject matter expert, using an understanding of concepts and principles in the area of expertise.
- Work closely with customer using an expert understanding of customer needs to act as a trusted advisor and determine the appropriate solution.
- To be the division technical contact person – with two-way communication. (To Sales Area and to EQ Product Line/factory.)
- Collaborate with Level 6 Application Specialists within the Sales Area.
- Ensure frontline readiness for new technologies and new product introductions (parts, resources, training) and be proactive with an operational readiness plan.
MAINTENANCE AND REPAIR EXPERT
- Conduct highly specialized installations, repairs and inspections of various products and equipment at customer site or own premises.
- Determine the best approach, considering energy efficiency, environmental impact and maintenance costs when providing customer support.
- Perform advanced troubleshooting for highly complex situations and provide technical feedback on issues. (CPI = Product Issues Feedback). Second line support.
- Work proactively to develop new solutions to prevent recurring problems:
- Transfer knowledge and use it to solve new and highly complex problems.
- Collect technical information and add to database.
- Complete analysis of failed product and report on anything out of the ordinary to the relevant party (e.g., Product Support and Service Technician).
- Recommend and/or develop product or process changes to improve system performance, or to better meet customer or other user needs.
- Organize corrective campaigns and follow-up on completion in the Sales Areas.
- Conduct and support warranty investigations.
- Upon request provide application advice to sales and review operating cost proposals.
PLANNING AND REPORTING
- Interpret control system data and upgrade software.
- Provide expert input into project specifications, cost and material estimates, project schedules, reports, contacts, or tender documents.
- Report and document results of activities and findings.
- Make recommendations based on reports to better serve the customer and to improve processes.
- Perform adjustments of systems for client equipment.
- Conduct product launch and testing for client commissioning services.
CUSTOMER VALUE ADD
- Act as a subject matter expert and go-to person in area of expertise and provide advice and guidance to clients and colleagues.
- Build and maintain customer relationships and act as a trusted advisor in partnering with the customer to determine solutions.
- Support the customer’s product/application/processes/competency/mining conditions by advising on possible improvements to more advanced solutions and products.
- Produce positive results in sales-client interventions.
- Use deep knowledge of the tasks, tools and procedures associated with providing technical support to the sales team and customers.
- Product Operational Readiness – this is the package for the customer that de- risks them in changing out a competitor fleet to Sandvik.
COLLABORATION WITH PARTS & SERVICES AND EQUIPMENT DIVISIONS
- Active member of global Expert Networks.
- Coordinates information and knowledge between Equipment divisions and Sales Areas:
- Technical training courses/seminars.
- New product training/coaching (assure course content translations are
- Lead and co-ordinate equipment division workshops and seminars.
- Collect technical feedback and provide feedback to EQ Division product line.
- Collaborate with Parts & Services division and take technical responsibility toward training interventions in relevant Sales Area. (i.e., manuals, toolkits and implementation of plans and schedules.)
- Functions as second line support between Parts & Services, Equipment Divisions and Sales Areas and Technical and Application Specialists.
- Takes technical and application ownership of market releases of new products and new product versions, ramp down of old products.
- Aftermarket support to Equipment divisions and Sales Areas.
- Project Operational Readiness support for large projects.
SUPERVISION/ACT AS A COACH
- Guide, coach and train colleagues in application processes, equipment and client facing behaviors:
- Transfer knowledge to other service technicians to build the capability and knowledge of the team.
- Deliver high-level technical and application training to colleagues and refined content training to customers/operators.
- Provide project/technical leadership to a group of service technicians.
- Support Research/Development in technical details during the New Product Development (NPD) process.
HEALTH & SAFETY
- Make improvements to create a safer working environment.
- Participate in safety issue reviews and investigations.
- Implements product safety and service bulletins.
- Prepare and execute all activities in line with SHEQ rules, regulations, procedures, instructions, guidelines and promote awareness, including highlighting any anomalies as appropriate.
PREFERRED ENVIRONMENT & MOBILITY
- Field - Any environment (Location Customer Sites/Workshops)
- Willing to travel globally
Experience and Education
- >8 years Sandvik Equipment Experience
- Advanced coaching/trainer (including knowledge transfer between factory and Sales area) experience
- Engineering/Technical qualification (degree/diploma)
- Relevant Trade Certification/equivalent
- Level 5 Knowledge Assessments w.r.t Reliability Engineering per Equipment Division = 80%
- Sandvik On-the-Job Skills Coaching Program – minimum of 5 sessions recorded
Expert Equipment knowledge and skills in at least one equipment type (automation a pre-requisite):
- Load & Haul
- Drilling and Rigging
- Rock Drill Technologies
- Automation and/or
- Rock Drills
- i-SERIES (expert skills and knowledge) Decentralized Automation – Bus Technology, Control Systems, Mechanics, Hydraulics, Pneumatics, Electrics
Job Fit Score >5
Proficiency Level: Expert
- Driving Success
- Communication (verbal and Writing)
- Investigating issues (Practically minded, Learning orientated, insightful)
- Coaching Skills
- Self-Awareness + Emotional Intelligence
- Building Successful Teams
- Product and Service Delivery
- New Product and Markets focus
- Evaluate Problems
- Processing Details
- Structuring Tasks
- Assessed Rating Description
- (L) Limited – little or no competency required for the job. Has the fundamental knowledge but requires an increase in skills
- (B) Basic – has enough knowledge to complete routine tasks. Has basic knowledge and proven basic skills
- (P) Proficient – Needs little guidance or supervision. Has good knowledge and proven proficient skills
- (A) Advanced – Has highly developed knowledge, understanding and application of the competency. Has advanced knowledge and proven advanced skills
- (E) Expert – recognized by others as an expert in the competency. Has expert knowledge and proven expert skills. Can transfer and apply advanced knowledge and advanced skills
- Proficient in English, both written and oral.
- Proficient in relevant computer software and IT systems.
- Advanced technical report writing.
- Advanced in digitalized systems relevant to equipment.
- Proficient equipment operator.
- Advanced knowledge of the mining environment and application of equipment.
Deadline: Not set