Technical Support Specialist (flexible within US)
Sandvik Rock Processing Solutions is looking for a
Technical Support Specialist (flexible in US)
Sandvik Rock Processing Solutions (SRP) is a business area within the Sandvik Group and a global leading supplier of equipment and tools, service and technical solutions for the mining and construction industries.
In this role, you will provide advanced onsite electrical and mechanical troubleshooting, inspections, repairs and commissioning across the range of Sandvik Mobiles product range. (Site work predominantly in North America however potential for global travel).
You will work closely with the global technical support team to maintain seamless helpdesk cover, provide professional remote technical support for our global dealer network via our helpdesk management system. Support training department to achieve its goal to increase the technical competency of our global dealer network through structured training support. Develop new technical support/service documentation to aid dealers in troubleshooting and issue resolution, reducing reliance on Sandvik technical support.
KEY RESPONSIBILITES INCLUDE:
- Supervising and leading onsite advanced repairs and inspections
- Producing detailed reports following investigations/site visits.
- Lead dealer training courses and provide training department with advice and support to drive continuous improvement in training plans/procedures
- Provide periodic cover for technical support helpdesk
- Support dealer development, training and certification
- Share responsibility for key metrics and performance of Tech support department
- Deep knowledge of the tasks, tools and procedures associated with providing technical support to the sales team and dealers.
- Support product and process improvement highlighting and feeding back opportunities or concerns.
- Always put safety and the environment first
- Provide advanced technical support and advice to the sales team.
- Review, manage and advise on job costs to aid planning
- Guide, train and share knowledge among the tech support organization.
- Support R&D on new products with feedback and testing where required
Education / Experience
- Mechanical or Electrical Technical Diploma or apprenticeship.
- Experienced hands on technical/engineer with heavy industrial equipment experience (Ideally in Crushing and Screening)
- Experienced technician with electrical, mechanical & hydraulic experience
- A strong understanding of troubleshooting faults and effecting repairs on heavy industrial machinery.
- Experience working on equipment in the Crushing & Screening Industry a distinct advantage.
- Adept at problem solving and decision making to solve customer issues.
- Working knowledge of industrial construction equipment, temperature control technology and understanding of PLC controls.
- Self-motivated and capable of working on own initiative.
- Must be able to travel both domestically and possibly internationally to perform site work at client locations
- Competent and confident in a customer facing role
- Microsoft Office and general PC systems
- Written and spoken English
Sandvik offers a comprehensive total compensation package including a competitive benefits package of life, health, dental, and disability insurance, paid time off, paid holidays, and a 401(k)-retirement savings plan. In addition, we provide opportunities for professional development and training, as well as opportunities for career advancement.
How to Apply
For immediate consideration, please apply online at http://www.sandvik.com/careers/ for the Technical Support Specialist position Req. ID # R0044619
Sandvik is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Any applicant who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing an application or at any time during the application process should contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. Sandvik also provides reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities consistent with its obligations under the law.
Deadline: Not set