National Service Manager
Leads the service team to deliver safe, superior, and quality service to our mining and construction customers, including our dealer organization, in the USA. Benchmark and improve our service quality across all our service functions, including field service, workshops, service contracts, and branches. Work closely with the sales development team, account managers, and business line managers to grow the long-term service business. Develop a strong service team, through coaching and continuous competence development.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Manage service team to efficiently deliver good customer service
- Ensure safety standards are maintained and compliance to all MSHA requirements
- Benchmark, measure and improve efficiency and align the way of working across the USA
- Develop processes to improve efficiency and align the way of working across the USA
- Build strong relationships with key customers
- Grow a profitable service business
- Negotiate service and maintenance contracts with customers
- Control all aspects of finances related to the service business
- Maintain market competitive service rates
- Ensure high service absorption is maintained
- Manage effective work in progress and proactively identify business risk
- Trail and develop new service tools & technology to improve customer service
- Good planning and prioritization skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to lead a team during high customer demands
- Good team motivation skills
- Good strategic skills with the ability to dive into details
- Strong understanding of service financials, absorption rates, labor hours
- Good understanding of MSHA requirements
- At least ten (10) years of experience in leading a service team in mining equipment or heavy industrial support equipment
- Minimum required education: Technical Degree MBA or post graduate business degree
This job operates in a customer service environment and can require work to be performed outside from time to time in all weather conditions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. The employee will be subject to loud noises on a consistent basis. Employee will be subject to wearing appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) as required on the job.
Other Duties: Please note that this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Sandvik is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Any applicant who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing an application or at any time during the application process should contact Human Resources at email@example.com. Sandvik also provides reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities consistent with its obligations under the law.
In addition, the employee may be assigned other duties within the area of their competence.
Deadline: Not set