Applications & Accounts Manager
This position will direct strategic planning, communicate objectives and act as a mentor to our Account Management team, developing solutions that resonate with customer needs while achieving SMR goals. The role is customer and applications focused, concentrating on development and implementation of sales and performance offering strategies for Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions products and related services throughout Canada, utilizing the entire Sandvik’s offering to increase Sandvik share of customer spend and deliver superior customer value.
Develop and implement a sustainable account management process/system for all BA Mining Sales Areas. Develop and maintain long term customer relationships utilizing the entire Sandvik’s offering to increase Sandvik share of customer spend and deliver superior customer value.
The essential functions and responsibilities of the job include, but are not limited to the following:
- Build sustainable and profitable customer account business growth
- Develop and maintain long term customer relationships utilizing the entire Sandvik’s offering to increase Sandvik share of customer spend and deliver superior customer value
- Act as customer account manager for selected accounts
- Drive execution of account plans including needed progress reviews.
- Create winning Account Business Plans and execute growth strategies
- Implement “One Account” management process across team
- Define and drive account development “function” segmentation
- Drive delivery led growth by leveraging differentiated value propositions and value add offerings
- Analytics champion – leverage key insights through applications and market intelligence to support in strategic decision making.
- Prioritize application projects according to business needs and assign projects to application specialists
- Apply a continuous improvement approach ensuring that collaboratively, internal stakeholders effectively advance overall Sandvik business with our customers.
- Ensure that account plans, including needed KPI’s, are in place for every designated account.
- Manage sales opportunities from scoping to negotiated agreement
- Maintain profitability of accounts and management of contracts
- Manage complex environments - the connection with global teams and consistency with operating rules for global accounts and competing priorities.
- Generate forecasting and lead the budgeting process to integrate account view vs. product line view and local vs. global view.
- Stay current with industry developments, competitive offerings and issues impacting sales of our customers.
- Develop and enhance the overall relationship with key customers leading to constructive and profitable business partnerships
- Recruit, develop and mentor account team and application specialists
- Ensure cross Product line accounts teams operate effectively, ensuring overall Sandvik business
- NPS (Net Promoter Score) - Per account
- Share of customer spend
- Account revenue volume and growth
- Level of adoption of account management standards
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to work as part of an integrated, broad team and to be a lead contributor and influencer
- Excellent negotiating, assessment and analytical abilities
- Proven ability to create winning Account Business Plans and execute growth strategies
- Proficient computer skills with CRM and Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Highly motivated, results oriented and self-driven, with a sense of urgency
- Full English proficiency required, verbal and written; Bilingual (French) a definite asset
- Business development and industrial sales experience with demonstrated growth results
- Customer relationship management
- Team management in matrix environment
- Minimum 8 years of progressive experience within mining and/or heavy equipment sales
- Ideally, formal Sales Training or a degree in Business or Marketing. Mining Engineer considered
- This role requires willingness and ability to travel as required, up to 75% of the time
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada
Other duties as assigned. The employee may be assigned other duties within the area of their competence to meet business needs.
Deadline: Not set