Tools Sales & Support Representative
Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions
Tools Sales and Support Representative – QLD / North QLD
Our Company and Culture
Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions is a business area within the Sandvik Group and a global leading supplier of equipment and tools, parts, service and technical solutions for the mining and construction industries. The Sandvik Group has approximately 44,000 employees in more than 150 countries
We conduct business in a sustainable and responsible manner. To achieve this, we always act in line with our high ethical standards, putting safety first and always showing consideration for the environment and the communities in which we operate. The safety and well-being of our employees and the environment are our core values. Finally, we care about others and build relationships based on honesty, respect and trust.
At Sandvik, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
We are seeking an experienced and energetic Sales Representative to promote, sell and support our range of Underground and Surface Top Hammer tools and Surface Rotary rock drilling tools to the mining and construction industries. You will strive to retain the market share with your allocated customers and also look for opportunities for growth by targeting new business predominately throughout the North & Western Queensland, as well as other areas if required.
This position will involve frequent travel from your home base. A fully maintained company vehicle, laptop, mobile phone, base salary and a sales bonus scheme form the package for the suitable applicant.
This role is a full-time requirement, however Sandvik recognises the desire for flexible working options. Flexible employment arrangements include condensed working weeks, working from home, flexible start/finish times, etc.
Areas of responsibility
- Adhering to Sandvik policies and procedures, in particular Sandvik Core Values and EHS policies
- Responsible for achieving sales and market share targets, and assist with the development of sales budgets and business plans.
- Develop and maintain customer relationships with key decision makers within your allocated sales area.
- Initiate and coordinate product trials with customers, with a focus of adding value to their business.
- Seek out new applications for Rock Tools products, as well as opportunities for other Sandvik products and services.
- Provide monthly business analysis and market activity report updates.
- Provide monthly stock forecasts by product / by customer.
- Provide training and technical support to external and internal stakeholders.
- Liaise with the Rock Tools Product Support Managers and Applications Engineers on opportunities for product upgrades and improvements.
- Ensure that all product warranty issues are dealt with in a timely manner and as per Sandvik warranty procedure.
Candidates will have a relevant trade or engineering qualification, and/or a history in mining related field sales. Experience in the application of Underground and Surface Top Hammer Drilling and Surface Rotary drilling practices is preferred, with operational experience being viewed favourably.
A strong customer focus and the ability to develop solid customer relationships at an operational and management level is a requirement, and you will have a high level of professionalism, honesty and integrity.
To perform well in this role, you will be a strong communicator, display a high level of initiative and be able to work autonomously. Your interpersonal skills will be highly developed including the ability to negotiate with customers; additionally, you will have a good level of computer and digital literacy, with highly developed time management and organisational skills.
Agencies need not apply.
You must have the right to live and work in Australia to apply for this job.
What we offer
- A rewarding career with diverse opportunities
- Flexibility to work from home
- An Employee Benefits Program including salary sacrifice options
- 12.5% Superannuation on top of all earnings
- Company Performance Bonus scheme
- Length of Service Recognition program
- Company funded paid parental leave
- Training and development opportunities
Sandvik is proud to be a Work180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and benefits on the Work180 website.
Deadline: Jul 14