Technical Specialist - Field Service [S4]
Sandvik Mining & Rock Solutions is looking for a
You’re a road warrior, with the technical insight to perceive what your customer needs. You’re a team player, live and promote a culture of safety, and thrive at multi-tasking. Come explore Technical Specialist opportunity with Sandvik Mining & Rock Solutions.
Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions is a business area within the Sandvik Group and a leading global supplier of equipment, tools, service, and technical solutions for the mining industry. The product offering covers rock drilling, rock cutting, rock crushing, loading and hauling and materials handling.
Key performance areas
As the Technical Specialist, you will be responsible for providing quality technical support to the service network on proper operation, maintenance, and troubleshooting practices. The Technical Specialist will be required to work closely and support end users, operators, and service personnel in cases of complex technical issues.
Technical Specialist responsibilities include:
- Providing relevant feedback to factories to enable improvements to the equipment or its operation.
- Providing assistance in compiling accurate date to process warranty claims and engineering machine improvements.
- Review of spare part recommendations and develops accuracy of Machine Life Operating Costs (MLOC)
- Investigates warranty claims proactively and reactively to enhance customer satisfaction and provide feedback to the respective factories.
- Assisting factories with field-testing and trials of new products and updated components to ensure proper and safe operation.
- Assists with training of distributors
- Performs equipment demonstrations in safe manner.
This role will require extensive travel. This is a field-based position, location flexible.
The Technical Specialist must possess a two year Technical Degree in a mechanical discipline, along with 7 years of Technical experience and training in key aspects of technical trades.
Where others see many, we see you – personally. We recognize and value your passion and personality as well as your strong investigative and diagnostic skills. You are flexible and self-motivated, able to work independently as well as in a team environment. You possess the ability to plan and monitor your own projects as well as the work of project teams. You have a strong customer focus, and are driven to achieve customer satisfaction goals and targets. Your written and verbal communication skills are excellent, and you are highly computer literate.
Additionally, the Technical Specialist possesses:
- Ability to work in team environment
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Ability to train and transfer knowledge to others
- Strong investigation and diagnostic skills
- Computer literacy
- Superior customer relations and active listening skills
- Ability to work underground as needed
Sandvik is proud to offer a phenomenal catalog of benefits and employee perks such as:
- Benefits eligibility that begin 30 days after start date!
- Health care eligibility that includes, medical, dental, vision, prescription and telemedicine
- Paid vacation with up to 40 hours available to roll over in to the next year
- Life and AD&D insurance
- A very strong 401(k) plan. Sandvik chips in 5% annual salary to the Retirement Savings plan. We also match 50% of the first 6%.
- Tuition reimbursement!
Sandvik provides opportunities for competence development and training, as well as, opportunities for career advancement. We believe diversity is meaningful for success and growth. We innovate and provide innovative solutions and products for our customers across Sandvik.
How to apply
For immediate consideration, please apply online at www.home.sandvik/career to the Technical Specialist position, JO #R0041843.
Sandvik is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Any applicant who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing an application or at any time during the application process should contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. Sandvik also provides reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities consistent with its obligations under the law.
Deadline: Not set