Technical Services Intern
Sandvik Mining & Rock Solutions seeks
Technical Services – Intern
The Technical Services Internship offers practical work experience and an introduction to the Technical Services group of Sandvik Parts & Services. This internship will involve challenging opportunities, real technical projects, and interaction with staff. This is a great opportunity to gain hands-on experience and an introduction into innovative and mining equipment support. This internship provides an opportunity to gain experience with the technical support operations of a mining equipment supplier, Sandvik. By helping us to carry out our mission and vision, you will have an opportunity to make a real impact, develop personally and professionally, and learn from people who are experts in their fields.
Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions is a business area within the Sandvik Group and a leading global supplier of equipment, tools, service, and technical solutions for the mining industry. The product offering covers rock drilling, rock cutting, rock crushing, loading and hauling and materials handling.
Key accountabilities include:
- Assisting in the augmented reality “Expertise onsite” pilot project
- Assist with data cleansing of SA USA equipment fleet
- Assisting in automating data and equipment reports
- Assisting in creating dashboards for Battery Electric Vehicle (BEV) trials
- Assisting in data scrubbing for Remote Monitoring trials
- Ensures that all activities are carried out in accordance with Things We Value and current Company Policies and Procedures.
- Takes ownership for personal development and improvement of skills.
Education / Experience:
- Highschool diploma
- Pursuing a bachelor’s degree and enrolled in college courses
- Preferred degree interest in Computer Science, Engineering-Mining, Electrical, Mechanical, Chemical or Process Engineering
- Microsoft Office app experience
Applicants should have the ability to research and understand technical documentation, and an understanding of how to apply various technical resources
Ability to prioritize tasks and efficiently manage time
Ability to exercise good judgment and effectiveness in working with a high performing team
Must be a self-motivated problem solver, and student should have a desire to learn new technologies
This role is not benefit eligible and will be a 30 hour weekly commitment for the summer of 2022.
How to Apply
For consideration, please apply https://www.home.sandvik/en/careers/ for the Technical Services Intern position, Job Req. ID# R0041492.
Sandvik is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Any applicant who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing an application or at any time during the application process should contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. Sandvik also provides reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities consistent with its obligations under the law.
Deadline: Not set