Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions is seeking a
Location: Greater Sudbury, ON
At Sandvik, we offer you a world of opportunities. Our diverse businesses and global network enable you to explore your potential and thrive. We recognize your performance and offer various ways to fuel your growth towards exceptional achievements.
Currently we have an opening for a Driller Trainer. The Driller Trainer is responsible for developing technical and operator competencies and providing quality operator support for both internal personnel and Sandvik customers.
Do you have drill operating experience? Are you interested in coaching/mentoring others? We want to hear from you!
While searching for the best opportunity for yourself today, we are already thinking ahead of your future tomorrow. So now we challenge you to take it one step further and apply!
What you will be doing
- Conduct classroom instruction and one-on-one operator training for Sandvik Underground Drill equipment.
- Provide operator training to the service network on proper operation, maintenance and troubleshooting practices.
- Develop, customize, and deliver training packages and training courses.
- Design and apply assessment tools to measure training effectiveness.
- Provide operator support to end users, operators, and service personnel in cases of complex issues.
- Provide relevant feedback to customers and factories to enable improvements to the equipment or its operation.
- Aid in compiling accurate data to optimize equipment operation and drive machine improvements.
- Review spare parts recommendations and develops accuracy of Machine Life Operating Costs (MLOC).
- Investigate warranty claims both proactively and reactively to enhance customer satisfaction and provide feedback to the respective factories.
- Assist factories with field-testing and trials of new products and updated components to ensure proper and safe operation.
- Perform equipment demonstrations in a safe manner.
- Assist in the training of distributors
Environmental Health and Safety
- We are ethical and compliant, dedicated to health, safety, and sustainability. We put health and safety first!
What you will bring along
- A 2-year Technical Degree in a related discipline considered an asset.
- Minimum of 7 years underground Driller Operator experience.
- Training in key aspects of technical trades.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to train and transfer knowledge to others.
- Flexible, self-motivated, and driven to achieve customer satisfaction, goals, and targets.
- Strong investigation and diagnostic skills.
- Strong analytical skills and computer literacy.
- Knowledge of customer’s industry.
- Superior customer relations and active listening skills.
- Ability to travel is essential.
In return for your passion and drive we will offer you…
- The opportunity to make an impact on our business performance.
- The opportunity to be part of an ambitious team, in an industry leading business.
- The opportunity to reach your full potential.
- Ongoing development and training.
- An excellent comprehensive compensation package including a pension plan with matching, competitive health, dental, life and disability benefits.
Our core values are the soul of the company. They guide us in our actions and daily business decisions. We are a company with an open-minded culture that encourages employees to share ideas and work innovatively. We embrace diversity and inclusion and inspire everyone to bring their authentic selves to work everyday!
We take pride in our agile customer-focused decision making. We empower our employees, providing strong performance management and opportunities to grow your career.
Do you want to learn more?
To learn more about Sandvik, our people and products please visit our website: https://www.home.sandvik/en/about-us/
How to Apply
All qualified persons are encouraged to apply at www.sandvik.com/careers to the Driller Trainer, requisition #R0041191; however, Canadians and permanent residents of Canada will be given priority. While we thank all candidates for their interest, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity employer which values diversity in the workplace and encourage applications from members of equity-seeking communities including women, racialized persons, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, and persons of all sexual orientations or gender identities/expressions.
We are committed to creating an inclusive and barrier free experience to applicants with accessibility needs in keeping with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act; therefore, requests for accommodation can be made at any stage during the recruitment process. Please contact commonHR.email@example.com for more information.
Deadline: Jun 6