Field Service Technician - Mechanical Rotary Drills
Sandvik Mining and Rock Technology
Field Service Technician – Mechanical Rotary Drills
At Sandvik, we offer you a world of opportunities. Our diverse businesses and global network enable you to explore your potential and thrive. While discussing the best opportunity for you today, we are already thinking ahead to the best opportunity for you tomorrow. So now we challenge you: Think one step further, and then take it!
Our Company and Culture
Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions is a business area within the Sandvik Group and a global leading supplier of equipment and tools, parts, service and technical solutions for the mining and construction industries. The Sandvik Group has approximately 44,000 employees in more than 150 countries.
We conduct business in a sustainable and responsible manner. To achieve this, we always act in line with our high ethical standards, putting safety first and always showing consideration for the environment and the communities in which we operate. The safety and well-being of our employees and the environment are our core values. Finally, we care about others and build relationships based on honesty, respect and trust.
At Sandvik, we recognize that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, and we encourage applications from women and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
Sandvik is seeking applications from a motivated individual for a Field Service Technician (Blast hole Rotary Drill fitter), The role is responsible to ensure efficient maintenance of our client’s fleet of Sandvik Mining equipment, working on-site and in the workshop. As a Field Service Technician, you will be performing inspection, preventative maintenance, and repairs of a range of specialist mining equipment. Including but not limited to;
- Surface Drills (Boom and Rotary)
- Roller screens/Crushers
- Hydraulic repair and troubleshooting
- Electrical repair and troubleshooting
- OEM Training and support
Rosters available 5:2, 7:7 discussions upon application. Locations considered Bowen Basin towns or Emerald.
Areas of responsibility
- Carrying out general mechanical duties, maintenance, repairs and fault diagnosis work on all Sandvik Mining equipment.
- Performing mechanical maintenance duties as per maintenance plans while upholding the integrity of the equipment and ensuring safe operation is not compromised.
- Perform fault diagnosis, maintain, and repair mining equipment
- Providing feedback for efficient maintenance planning improvements.
- Record keeping of parts usage, equipment monitoring, time records.
- Work effectively either in a team environment or autonomously
- Adhering to all policies & procedures, especially EHS policies
- Relevant Trade qualification in a mechanical trade.
- Experience with surface drills, previous experience with Sandvik equipment will be looked upon favorably.
- Strong customer service and communication skills
- Positive attitude and a high level of determination to achieve targets set for customer satisfaction.
- Flexible to work with customer requirements, procedures, and safety policies
- A strong commitment to EHS as you keep safety at the forefront of everything you do.
- Living at other Bowen Basin towns outside of Mackay would be considered.
- Valid Driver’s License (compulsory)
You must have the right to live and work in this location to apply for this job, a valid driver’s licenses and the ability to pass drug & alcohol test, reference checks and police checks.
Agencies need not apply.
What we offer
- Highly competitive wages, bonus, work vehicle, phone, ipad, and uniform provided
- Options for additional superannuation contribution
- Employee Benefits Program including salary sacrifice options, a company-wide bonus scheme, and Length of Service Recognition program
- Employee Referral Program that pays up to $5,000 per successful referral
- Company funded paid parental leave which includes superannuation contributions during the leave period
- Training opportunities for employees – from internal programs to contributions towards external studies
- A Sandvik Wellness Program for employees’ who want to improve their health and wellbeing
Sandvik is proud to be a Work180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and benefits on the Work180 website.
0438 641 791
Applications close: 17th June 2022 or sooner if the right applicant is found
Sandvik is a high-tech and global engineering group offering products and services that enhance customer productivity, profitability and sustainability. We hold world-leading positions in selected areas – tools and tooling systems for metal cutting; equipment and tools, service and technical solutions for the mining industry and rock excavation within the construction industry; products in advanced stainless steels and special alloys as well as products for industrial heating. In 2019, the Group had approximately 40,000 employees and revenues of about 100 billion SEK in more than 160 countries within continuing operations.
Deadline: Jul 28