Field Service Technician
Sandvik Mining & Rock Solutions is looking for a
Field Service Technician
Sandvik Mining & Rock Solutions, the leading global supplier of equipment and tools, service and technical solutions for the mining industry, currently has an opening for a Field Service Technician.
The Field Service Technician is responsible for troubleshooting, repair, and maintenance of mechanical and / or electrical aspects of equipment and components according to defined specifications. The Field Service Technician is also responsible for new equipment commissioning and training at customer sites with minimal supervision.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Inspects equipment for proper performance and determines faults and malfunctions.
- Adjust equipment & repair/replace defective parts components or systems according to scopes of work.
- Tests repaired equipment to ensure proper operational performance.
- Completes accurate time records, technical reports, failure reports, and parts lists.
- Actively participates in continuous improvement initiatives.
- Stays current with industry, customer, product developments and technical best practices.
- Builds strong relationships with internal and external customers to ensure smooth operations and customer satisfaction.
- Ensures customer satisfaction within area of primary responsibility.
Education / Experience
- Technical certification or diploma in mechanical or electrical fields
- 5 years related experience with industry-specific equipment
- Excellent troubleshooting ability
- Knowledge of hydraulics and electrical systems
- Ability to read and interpret equipment schematics
- Strong diagnostic and problem solving skills
- Ability to facilitate technical training and impart detailed information
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Flexible, self-motivated and drive to achieve customer satisfaction goals and targets
- Computer literacy
- Flexible, self-motivated with demonstrated initiative
- Knowledge of customer’s industry
- Superior customer relations and active listening skills
- Ability to work varied shift scheduled
- Ability to travel as required
- Required to work in an underground environment
Sandvik offers a comprehensive total compensation package including a competitive benefits package of life, health, dental, and disability insurance, paid time off, paid holidays, and a 401(k)-retirement savings plan. In addition, we provide opportunities for professional development and training, as well as opportunities for career advancement.
How to Apply
For immediate consideration, please apply online at http://www.sandvik.com/careers/ for the Field Service Technician, Job Req. R0038990.
Sandvik is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Any applicant who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing an application or at any time during the application process should contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. Sandvik also provides reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities consistent with its obligations under the law.
Deadline: Not set